“Thee Best Tasing Pork Chop Ever...Largest Cut As Well..."Beefmageddon"”
Review of Valley Kitchen & Bar - CLOSED

Valley Kitchen & Bar
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 28, 2014

This restaurant had a kind hostess, friendly help and the best and largest pork chop I have ever had for a meal. The poor pig must have been fed Miracle Grow and rested/slept at the Ritz Carlton. When the pork chop was presented, I did not know whether I should admire it or eat it. It was that large and great tasting.

This is a very nice, upscale restaurant with excellent food. You will not leave disappointed that you paid an upscale price for small portions and average quality. Instead, you will leave "full" and wondering, "Why have I never stopped-in this place before?"

1  Thank 1000NaturalShocks
There are newer reviews for Valley Kitchen & Bar

Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went for dinner this weekend and the food was absolutely amazing. I had the best pork chop of my life and my husband had the pumpkin succatash. The food is excellent gourmet quality but the atmosphere is more casual which was very nice. I think it's the best food in Valpo. The food is a little pricey but well worth it. Valley and it's fresh products could compete with any Chicago restaurant!

Reviewed December 6, 2013

It sounded interesting. We looked at the menus and read the reviews and decided to make the trip. The website said that they don't accept reservations but when we arrived @ 5:15 we found the whole restaurant RESERVED for a private party. No notice on their website. I guess you have to phone first to find out if they have made an exception to their No Reservations policy.

Maybe we will try it if we find ourselves in the neighborhood but not as a destination. Once burned . . . .

1  Thank BaldEagleMenace
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

I had dinner here with my wife and we both were very impressed with the food and service. Great appetizers, and the pork chop was amazing. Clean restrooms and a good atmosphere. We will be back!

2  Thank Ntjones21
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Had dinner there last night. I had the spinach salad with candied nuts and thin apple slices. Delicious! Even my husband loved it and he generally doesn't like fruit in his salads. I also had the chicken entree with lemon rice cream. Yummy! The owner /chef came by to see how we liked our meal. We are serious foodies and would go back again. Loved it!

1  Thank Grammy47115