“Cool place and great service but blah food that is way over priced.”
Review of Valley Kitchen & Bar - CLOSED

Valley Kitchen & Bar
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Cool place and great service but blah food that is way over priced.”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

My wife and I ate here and our experience was mixed. The service was great but the food wasn't all that great. Our appetizer was boring and they only give you about a 1/3 glass of wine. I would expect more in my glass for the price. Although my entree was good, my wife's was not that great. Ravioli with little pieces of shrimp and some sort of sauce on it. Not what she expected for $28. We were excited to try this place because of its ranking and were let down. Not worth the $90 tab. Definitely better places to eat in valpo.

3 Thank Rob52pars

Chicago, Illinois
“Wonderful Food, Fun Place, Noise Level Of A Football Game!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My co-workers and I visited this restaurant along with a client. The food was amazing! The truffle fries were great, along with the accompanying dipping sauce. My flat iron steak was very well prepared as was the double baked potato. We sat at the bar facing the kitchen and really enjoyed watching the preparation of everything. As the evening progressed(Thursday) I was amazed at how loud it became. It is located in a building with very tall ceilings, long and narrow. Maybe that was the reason. It was a great night and good atmosphere for fun but I do not think I would take hubby there or anyone that I wanted to have an extended conversation with unless it was a slow night.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank cbringdrvr
Crown Point, Indiana
“I will be back”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

An amazing concept coupled with great food & an awesome atmosphere. I would've given it 5 stars but every time I am there I encounter the bartender with an attitude. I will be back soon.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank UP_NY-73
Valparaiso, IN
“Such a Unique Concept!”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

My husband and I love supporting local business; especially a business that supports other local businesses. The food is outstanding -- their truffle fries are a must-taste!

Visited January 2013
3 Thank DFraz0672
Amherst, New York
“simple menu great eats”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Travelling through town by myself on a work trip. Simple menu off pork, chicken, steak, fish, pasta ( maybe 10 items total on menu) - all farm fresh. Had the pork chop and twice baked potatoes. Simply fantastic, great change of a place to eat compared to the norm while traveling. Had about 8 microbrews on tap and a good wine selection plus full bar. Ate there on a Monday night so beer was $2.

Only small downside was there were no TV's on the place, so no game to watch while sitting at the bar eating ( again was by myself).
I would highly suggest eating here

• Visited December 2012