“Good food and service”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Meditrina has a very small indoor space and some out door seating. When we arrived on a Thursday night around 6:30ish the place was already packed. The indoor area seemed very warm so I was thankful that there was outdoor seating available. The feta stuffed dates are excellent as was the pasta special with chicken and broccoli. I think it also had a hint of nutmeg which gave it a very comfort food taste. We also had the spinach salad with steak. The steak was a little tough but still enjoyable. Definitely a top choice when in Valparaiso. Service was excellent.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

My fiance suggested we try Medtrina well before it was the #1 restaurant in Valpo. I was new to Mediterranean food so I decided to try a few of the starters/ small plates. I don't remember the 1st two dishes I had but do I ever remember the 3rd. Beef Shawerma, where have you been all of my life? The starter plate comes served over Hummus and in my opinion can't be beat.

I've never gotten past the Shawerma on the menu, but my fiance has tried a variety of meals and has always enjoyed them. She has especially enjoyed the pizzas which are usually listed on the chalkboard specials.

The staff is extremely friendly and has always provided excellent service. Medtrina is without a doubt the first restaurant I mention when someone asks me to recommend a place to eat in Valpo

1  Thank K's Travel'n M
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I eat here all the time. It is really good food, the service is really great. It's a real nice place for a meal away from burgers and pizza.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Wonderful dining option for Valparaiso! Great food, wonderful atmosphere, warm hospitality. Nice to have these taste sensations!

2  Thank Valerie S
Reviewed April 5, 2014

My fiance and I have been here multiple times and each time we come it is just as great as before. This last time we got the Sampler appetizer (hummus, tabouli & baba ganouj served with warm pitas) which was delicious. Then my fiance got the Gyro Sandwich and I got the Beef Shawarma Dinner. Both were amazing! The beef shawarma in particular was very tasteful! Then for dessert we got the chocolate moose and the baklava. I have never had something here that I didn't like. If you are looking for a cute restaurant with great food then you've gotta try this place!