“Delicious but tiny”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

As soon as you walk in its claustrophobic. Only seats a total of 32 people. I asked the waitress why they arent in a bigger place. She said the owner likes to cook for everyone herself and that size is perfect. The waitress was wonderful and the food was delicious. We had the deluxe appetizer and it was flavorful and a large portion. Multiple beer and wine choices that are unique. I had a vegetable stew to die for. My guy had a perfectly cooked steak in a pomegranate sauce that he loved. And a perfect size piece of baklava. Loved it and we will be back. Hopefully it will be warmer and we can eat outside where its roomier.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

We arrived right as they were opening for the day which was a good thing as the restaurant quickly filled up within the next 10 minutes. Although there are probably no more than 20 seats in the entire place, that adds to the atmosphere. The service was quick and very informative as we asked many questions regarding the food. We ordered an appetizer tray and all ordered different meals. Everyone was very happy and enjoyed the experience.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

We've been eating out a lot lately with the holiday and were looking for something a little different and were thrilled with our meal & service at Meditrina. It was even smaller space wise than I had expected but our server was very pleasant and even took a crash course in reading our Turkish coffee. We sampled several appetizers and ordered 2 entrees, the lamb stew and chicken shawerma which were both excellent. Go early is you have more than 2 in your group or it could be a long wait. We'll definately be going back.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

I Had lunch with a friend. The food was very good and priced well. Service was excellent. Enjoyed their menu options as well. Come before noon the place is small and it gets very crowded. The only knock I'd because the place is so small after having lunch for an hour your
Cloths will smell like the restaurant.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

This tiny restaurant in the former Greyhound bus station, on the corner near Valpo Pet and Hobby and two other trendy shops, just one block off Lincolnway, is quite a find. The food is prepared to order and is so fresh. Everything is Mediterranean, meaning something from all the countries that border that sea is served. The wines reflect that as well. It is hard to choose the best thing I've had there but the Mediterranean pizza is way up there with a very thin whole grain crust and lovely fixins'. The chicken Shawerma , the beets with a mound of garlic mashed potatoes, the hummus, the grape leaves--haven't been disappointed yet. And my out of town guests, some who were raised in Valpo and moved away, cannot believe that we have Meditrina. Not surprisingly, the clientele is interesting. The wait staff can only be described as a sweet bunch of people. I could eat here at least once a week.

1  Thank hurdlehouse

Been to Meditrina? Share your experiences!