“Not what you would expect”

Industrial Revolution Eatery & Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Industrial Revolution Eatery & Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 157 Restaurants in Valparaiso
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 30
Description: Born out of a passion to create a bold, unique and exciting restaurant theme, the Industrial Revolution Eatery & Grille fuses the finest handcrafted comfort cuisine with an atmosphere that pays tribute to the American spirit of Innovation and Greatness.We aim to connect with our guests by telling the story of our nation’s inspirational past while serving them delicious classic foods favored by the American worker. This unique environment, which we call Upscale Industrial, is meant to inspire diners with inspirational stories of both famous and ordinary people who have made great contributions building our country as well as the risks taken that best exemplify Greatness.
“Not what you would expect”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The food was not very good service was just ok. We had the hamburgers they were average. I don't think I will be coming back. There are too many choices available you don't have to settle...

• Visited September 2013

Chicago, Illinois
“What a waste of time”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I stopped into Industrial Revolution while passing through the area one weekend. My wife and I decided to stop because the outside of the building grabbed our attention and we passed a billboard on RT. 30 advertising the hamburgers. When we got there we were very disappointed, while the interior and exterior of the building look great once we stepped inside the service and food left much to be desired. I understand it was a busy Saturday but everyone was running around and being very chaotic, parts of the restaurant were apparently un-seatable due to a leak in the roof and after standing around not being greeted for 15 minuets we were finally acknowledged by the hostess and seated. Several tables around us were full of dirty dishes and there was no bus boy I guess, and while our server was nice, we still had to wait over 40 minuets for our food and once the food came we were even more disappointed. I ordered a Martin Luther King meatloaf sandwich, which in itself is offensive but the meal came with like 8 potato wedges and nothing else. Overall I was very disappointed with my visit to this restaurant and my wife and I will not be returning, we would have been better off stopping at Bob Evans.

• Visited January 2014
Arkansas
“Very good food and atmosphere!”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Food was very good. I had the meatloaf and it was a great choice. Service was very good and menu selection is great. Fun atmosphere. I would recommend this to anyone visiting Valpo.

1 Thank Espers7
Francesville, Indiana, USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Restaurant”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

We had a last minute party of 24 request on a Sunday afternoon and they took care of us wonderfully. The food was great and the service was outstanding. I really liked the décor and ambiance. I will definitely return.

Fort Collins, Colorado
“Great place to go!”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

If you love a good atmosphere, good service and good phone I suggest you give the Industrial a try. We came late at night, our food was awesome, the drinks awesome and the service was awesome.