“Nice change of pace from the restaurants with crazy crap on the walls.”

Industrial Revolution Eatery & Grille
Ranked #2 of 159 Restaurants in Valparaiso
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 30
Description: Born out of a passion to create a bold, unique and exciting restaurant theme, the Industrial Revolution Eatery & Grille fuses the finest handcrafted comfort cuisine with an atmosphere that pays tribute to the American spirit of Innovation and Greatness.We aim to connect with our guests by telling the story of our nation’s inspirational past while serving them delicious classic foods favored by the American worker. This unique environment, which we call Upscale Industrial, is meant to inspire diners with inspirational stories of both famous and ordinary people who have made great contributions building our country as well as the risks taken that best exemplify Greatness.
“Nice change of pace from the restaurants with crazy crap on the walls.”
Reviewed December 18, 2011

I had a beer and a burger with my dad here, and I really have to say what a neat experience it was. The place is almost like a Museum with all of the statues and placards everywhere. There's an electric train the circles the restaurant. Nice flat screen TVs everywhere (even in the bathroom -you can watch the three stooges while you take a pee).

I got the jalapeño burger, and it was the best burger I've had since I can remember. Real garlic on the French fries. So good.

The beer comes in a unique frosty glass as well.

This is a great place to take out of towners.

3 Thank Andyc140

Lake Station, Indiana
“Wonderful atmoshphere- Horrible food and service”
Reviewed November 15, 2011

Service- Better in my own kitchen.
Prices- Way overpriced, definitly don't get what you pay for.
Atmosphere- Awesome buiding, very neat decor.
Food- Tastes like cooked by the dishwasher.

We decided to try the restaurant early on a Friday night. The wait was about 30 minutes for a seat, with about 10 empty tables in sight. I am aware sometimes they back up seating so the kitchen can play catch up, but this is obviously not a well run restaurant. Once seated we waited about 10 minutes for the server to show here face, when drinks were brought out we ordered an appetizer along with the meal. A bus boy dropped the appetizer with no silverware and being that our server did not come back until our main dishes were ready, I had to get my own silverware from the bartender. I ordered a sub for my entree, topped with a vinegarette. Unfortunaly the fries were also submerged in the dressing. Not a great experience, will not be back.

• Visited October 2011