Hampton Inn & Suites Valparaiso
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$79
HIExpress.com
$81
$78
Agoda.com
Best Western University Inn At Valparaiso(Valparaiso)(Great Value!)
$95
Quality Inn(Chesterton)
$70
$63
Agoda.com
Best Western Indian Oak(Chesterton)(Great Value!)
$90
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsroom was cleancomplimentary breakfastbusiness centerfitness centera great place to stayvery nice stayvery nice hotelwould definitely stay here againking bedpool and hot tubin townstaff was friendlybusiness tripconvenient locationoatmealparking lotfirst floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We were looking for a place to stop South of Chicago and the Hampton in Valparaiso was perfect. The room was very comfortable. Good channel selection on the TV and the internet speed was also good. In the morning the breakfast was okay. The cinnamon rolls were good.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We were doing a college visit of Valparaiso on Saturday, so spent Friday night at the Hampton Inn. Staff was friendly and helpful with restaurant suggestions. Everything would have been fine if the a/c unit would actually function as I believe it was designed. I tried to set the fan so it would stay on all night to provide some background noise as we were very close to the lobby. Unfortunately it only functioned in the auto mode which meant it would kick on with the air conditioning. A group of people came in around 1:30 a.m. and decided to stay in the lobby talking in what was probably reasonable conversational levels. Unfortunately, we were so close to the lobby that it woke us. Discussed with the clerk in the morning and I think her goal was for me to just leave her alone. We would probably stay here again but I will never stay in room 105!

Room Tip: Whatever you do stay away from rooms 104 or 105
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Brian W
Lori G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Valparaiso, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Thank you for your feedback in regards to the air conditioning not working in your room. I've worked with our maintenance team to fix the issue, however I apologize that it wasn't resolved sooner. We also apologize for the noise caused by the other guests in the lobby and that it disrupted your sleep. Thank you again for your review and I invite you to stay with us again the next time you return to the area.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Usually we stay at another hotel when we're in Valpo once a year, but had to switch here at last minute due to other hotel being very overcrowded, loud, no parking etc.
I was expecting little service & poor quality since it was a Hampton & I have had bad experiences with other Hampton Inn's.
The service was exceptional. The place was very clean! Looks redone -not old or out of date like the other Valpo hotel we stayed at previously. Price was very reasonable. Plus they had free breakfast. I was impressed.
Liked that bathroom had lots of sink counter space & was a decent size.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank christine414
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Unfortunately all hotels in Valparaiso are so overpriced, but this hotel definitely has the extra perks to make it more worth it. Hot breakfast was outstanding with oatmeal, eggs, french toast, sausage, juices, cereals, etc and the breakfast area is very nice as well. Inviting rooms and comfortable beds.Bathroom was nice as well. Staff were not overly friendly, but overall a nice experience.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank TTapp
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Stayed 1 night here. As others have said, a very nice hotel for this price range. I always try to stay at Hampton Inns because their linens are so fresh...between each guest, they change the duvet on the comforter and it makes all the difference. No grotty comforters that hundreds have people have used between washes Plus, all the linens are white so you know for sure they're clean. This was a nice place. Quiet and clean. With the bed bug epidemic in Chicago I've been paranoid, but no signs of any whatsoever here. Breakfast was pretty good although I can't ever get that excited about eggs that you know came from a powdered substance. There was also oatmeal, fruit, yogurt, etc. It's rare when I'm a little sad to leave a hotel room but this was an occasion. The beds and linens were comfy! Air conditioning ice cold which was so nice in 100 degree heat.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo