“Great Stay”

Hampton Inn & Suites Valparaiso
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Valparaiso
Reviewed May 26, 2012

We had a suite the night of May 24th. We loved the room, the comfort of the beds, pillows & the
as always, the clean rooms. The breakfast buffet had a good selection. Yogurt, poppyseed bread, lean bacon & powdered eggs which we find in about any breakfast buffet around, fresh fruit, the usual waffles, etc. The hotel is near the interstate but we never heard a sound. We would stay at this Hampton again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 8, 2012

This is the most expensive hotel in Valparaiso, but its not worth it. I called for a wake up call at 5pm and the phone just kept ringing. Someone finnally picked up, but I never got the wake up call. The air conditioner made all kinds of noise and it was difficult to sleep. I called about the air conditioner and the phone just kept ringing again so I gave up. I will be staying somewhere else when I return to Valparaiso.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Susan D
Reviewed April 30, 2012

My daughter and I spent one night at this hotel, as we were in town to visit the College. The front desk personnel were were very nice and accommodating. The room was very clean. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 15, 2012

This is our 3rd stay in this hotel in the last 4 years and probably our last. We come here every year to visit family. The hotel itself is very well kept. However, the lack of respect and service given by the staff, specifically Jody, made even the cleanliness seem bad. We requested a handicapped room due to a family member with medical issues. When we got there, they gave us a room with a king bed instead of 2 queens like requested. They switched us to a standard room knowing we needed the extra space of a handicapped room. 4 1/2 hours later and several phone calls later, the overnight girl took care of us a 1am when no one else was willing to. This is the 2nd time we have stayed at this hotel where there is no general manager. If you have the option, stay anywhere but here. There's a nice Holiday Inn a block away.

• Stayed: April 2012
goodhsi_admin1, Management at Hampton Inn & Suites Valparaiso, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2012

Dear Chandra T,

I’m Tim, Regional Director for the Valparaiso Hampton Inn. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and are grateful for your loyalty thus far. I also thank you for your feedback about the happenings at the hotel. I am extremely sorry for the mishap with the booking of your room. As for your encounter with the staff, it is unfortunate you did not receive the exceptional service a valued guest should be given and I do apologize. I will work with the employees to improve the check in process and the way we interact with our guests so this does not happen in the future. Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback so we can continue to improve as a hotel.

Tim Herzog

Reviewed April 11, 2012

We stayed over New Year's Eve and the hotel and staff were great. The room was clean and modern and the breakfast buffet was excellent. The pool was our only disappointment (and the only reason we stayed there) but it dirty and smelled unclean. They told us that the maintenance person was just recently let go and they hadn't replaced him yet. But they assured us the pool would be cleaned soon.

Room Tip: Any direction has a decent view closer to the top floor. It's a lovely area.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 25, 2012

I frequently stay in Valparaiso during Valpo's basketball season, Hampton Inn is a great place to stay. On my last trip there was a mix up with the price of my room because I had booked it during the night shift. When I got to the hotel Amanda and Derek confirmed my reservation and corrected the price of my room. They were awesome. My five year old grandson was with me and we enjoyed the pool that afternoon and in the morning. My kids and I really enjoy the suite, when we can get it. Lots of room. As always the breakfast menu is a real bargain and plenty to eat.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Bonnie K
Reviewed March 16, 2012

Attended the Horizon League basketball tournament and stayed at the Hampton Inn. Room had a kitchenette and a huge desk area with plenty of work room for both of us. Large windows provided good natural light, a rarity among hotels. Non-smoking room was quiet and clean. The hotel was a short drive away from the tournament and we plan to stay here again next year.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
goodhsi_admin1, Management at Hampton Inn & Suites Valparaiso, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2012

Dear valued guest,

I’m Tim, Regional Director for the Valparaiso Hampton Inn. We appreciate your positive feedback. We are glad that you were able to enjoy our fine suites. The hotel has a great location, and is close to not only Valparaiso University but also just a short drive to the Indiana Dunes. Again thank you for nice comments and we look forward to you staying with us next year.

Tim Herzog

Also consider these accommodations in or near Valparaiso
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Valparaiso
Holiday Inn Express Valparaiso
Fairfield Inn & Suites Valparaiso
Quality Inn & Suites Valparaiso
Hilton Garden Inn Chesterton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Portage

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Valparaiso? Share your experiences!