“people make the difference”

Hampton Inn & Suites Valparaiso
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Valparaiso
Reviewed March 25, 2012

I frequently stay in Valparaiso during Valpo's basketball season, Hampton Inn is a great place to stay. On my last trip there was a mix up with the price of my room because I had booked it during the night shift. When I got to the hotel Amanda and Derek confirmed my reservation and corrected the price of my room. They were awesome. My five year old grandson was with me and we enjoyed the pool that afternoon and in the morning. My kids and I really enjoy the suite, when we can get it. Lots of room. As always the breakfast menu is a real bargain and plenty to eat.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Bonnie K

Reviewed March 16, 2012

Attended the Horizon League basketball tournament and stayed at the Hampton Inn. Room had a kitchenette and a huge desk area with plenty of work room for both of us. Large windows provided good natural light, a rarity among hotels. Non-smoking room was quiet and clean. The hotel was a short drive away from the tournament and we plan to stay here again next year.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
goodhsi_admin1, Management at Hampton Inn & Suites Valparaiso, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2012

Dear valued guest,

I’m Tim, Regional Director for the Valparaiso Hampton Inn. We appreciate your positive feedback. We are glad that you were able to enjoy our fine suites. The hotel has a great location, and is close to not only Valparaiso University but also just a short drive to the Indiana Dunes. Again thank you for nice comments and we look forward to you staying with us next year.

Reviewed February 28, 2012

Arrived in the evening to check-in, only to be told that "housekeeping called in sick today" and, therefore, they could not fulfill the reservation for a non-smoking room for 3 nights. The smoking room offered REEKED unbearably, and they had no other rooms to offer. (Hard to imagine that by 6pm a major chain hotel could not have found an alternative way to get one non-smoking room cleaned.)
Front desk offered a free night in the stinky smoking room, but the stench was too unbearable to even consider that. They even offered a freebie to come back the next day for the remaining two nights in town. Went next door to the Holiday Inn Express, instead, and got a lovely, comfortable, odor-free room.

Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
goodhsi_admin1, Management at Hampton Inn & Suites Valparaiso, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2012

Dear GoodTravelers,

I’m Tim Herzog, Regional Director for the Hampton Inn & Suites Valparaiso. We want you to know that your feedback is valuable and our success as a hotel depends upon it. I’m so sorry to hear that your non-smoking room was unavailable and that we were not able to correct the issue in a timely fashion. We assure you that this is not the norm and we will be investigating the situation to see where we fell short. Again my apologies, I hope that you’ll stay with us on your next visit to Northwest Indiana, so we’ll have an opportunity to make this up to you.

Reviewed February 24, 2012

Not a bad hotel. Good location and easy to find. The Hilton Chain is always a top choice of ours. A good value with breakfast included. We had a short stay but did manage to get to the pool at night. For some reason, the lights were turned off in the pool and just emergency lights and parking lot light lit the area. Eventually, someone turned the lights on.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family

Dear cooperspeople,

I’m Tim Herzog, Regional Director for the Hampton Inn in Valparaiso, IN. Thank you for leaving positive feedback! We are proud to be a member of the Hilton family and are always striving to keep up with their standards. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate you alerting us to the issue regarding the pool area, our guests’ safety is always a priority and we will investigate the lack of lighting. Thank you for staying with us, we hope you will consider us again when you are in the area.

Reviewed February 18, 2012

I am stay here every other week on business. The people that work there are nice, the rooms are clean and well maintained consistently.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
BrianGilchrist, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Valparaiso, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2012

Hello jimmerhand,

I’m Jared Salecker General Manager of the Hampton Inn & Suites in Valparaiso, IN. Thank you for your positive feedback! We are pleased our staff could make your stay more enjoyable. Also, thank you for noticing the cleanliness of our rooms. Our housekeeping staff takes pride in their jobs and I’ll let them know that you appreciated their efforts. When your business travels take you to Northwest Indiana, we hope that you will stay with us again.

Thank you again for your business!
Jared Salecker

Reviewed December 22, 2011

This was our destination for a wedding weekend. We had the queen bed suite for three of us which was perfect because we needed the extra space to hang out in the room, iron clothes, eat and live before the wedding and between the wedding and reception that was next door to the hotel.

I rarely give a 5 rating. It was warranted in this case because there were NO problems with anything the entire time. It may also be because I had driven here from Santa Cruz County and had stayed in some dicey places along the way.

The goods:
Clean room
Clean bathroom
Nice Pool
Great Lobby for socializing with all the many family and friends
Internet
Not noisy in the room
Lots of windows in the room - we love natural light
Pleasant Staff

The not as good:
We are the crunchy, non-GMO, organic types so the food at the free breakfast just doesn't cut it for us. But there wasn't one hotel on our trip that DID have a free breakfast that would have suited us. So, just eat the food and don't whine about it. There is enough variety so you won't starve and you can always bring your own food.

For the price, this was one of the best stops on our 15 day drive!

Room Tip: Just go to the top floor...
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Lifelearners
Reviewed December 18, 2011

This hotel was very clean when we stayed there. We had a 2 queen bed studio suite with a micro, fridge, coffee pot with provided tea coffee and popcorn. The TV was very nice but few channels. The pool was great and warm water. The breakfast was very nice with fruit, pastries, biscuits and gravy and cheese omelets and yogurt. The beds were comfortable and the room we had was pretty quiet. The very sad part was the heating and air conditioning kept the room either very very hot(even my 4 year old was awakened by the heat and cried in the night) or very very cold. No matter how we adjusted the knobs and dials it was awful. This is a newer property and it's a real shame they didn't put in digital thermostats in the rooms like the luxury hotels in Indy. I know that costs a lot more but it would be worth it to me. Think I'll be going back to the Holiday Inn Express next time I visit my mom in Valparaiso. There are not a lot of choices for hotels in this town. For restaurant nearby I recommend Strongbow Inn for fancy and Broadway Cafe for a family setting.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Valparaiso
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Valparaiso
Holiday Inn Express Valparaiso
Fairfield Inn & Suites Valparaiso
Quality Inn & Suites Valparaiso
Hilton Garden Inn Chesterton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Portage

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Valparaiso? Share your experiences!