“Good prices & good drinks”
Review of Margaritas Bar and Grill - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Margaritas Bar and Grill
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 9, 2012

I went to Margaritas with my friend. It's a lovely little restaurant in downtown Valpo. The weather was pleasant so we sat outside. The waitress was very friendly even though it was quite busy. The food was good, the margaritas were really good & the waitress did keep checking on us. I would definitely go there again. It is so very pleasant sitting outside on sunny day with a drink people watching.

Reviewed May 4, 2012

I don't think I will be going back. The drinks were watered down, when we finally got them. The waitress left our drinks on the bar for about 10 minutes while she quickly walked passed us, back and forth. When she finally brought us our drinks she said the bartenders were really backed up and she was sorry they took so long.
I told her the drinks had been up for a pretty long time and not to give the bartender beef about it. I then tasted my drink and told her it was watered down and that I would like another. She told me, "That's the way they make them. I guess I could ask him to make another one if you want..." Uh, yah, I do want. She then rolled her eyes and and said she would be right back.
She then left our table and I heard, and saw her, complain to another waitress about me. Then the waitress she had talked to brought us our food and asked us if we needed anything. I said, "yah, a less awkward place to eat my food."
Our waitress didn't come back except to put the check book on the table and leave.
The food was good, but it just couldn't make up for the bad experience. Our waitresses name was breanna, so if you go to Margaritas, don't dine with her!

Reviewed March 19, 2012

Have been to Margarita's at least 5 times now. Have had great service, good food (always served hot, cooked exactly how ordered, tastes great), and good drink prices (in my opinion). The margarita's are great and are $5. Service has been prompt, and chips and salsa come quickly and are refilled quickly as well (if you want a refill!). Would recommend this place for someone looking for a relatively inexpensive and pretty quick dinner in downtown Valpo. It's our "go-to" place for the moment!

Reviewed March 8, 2012

The food is great, service is supurb, drinks (esp. house margaritas) are great, too.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

I hadn't been to Margaritas since the fall and boy was this place packed and a hoppin on Friday night. My husband and I went there for date night. Our waiter was excellent. He was very attentive but not annoying. He was friendly and got us what we needed. Our appetizer was taking a little longer than expected and he kept apologizing for the wait. Then the manager brought out our appetizer and comped it since we had to wait. We weren't expected this and didn't ask. We were enjoying the atmosphere. The guacamole was good and our main dinners were excellent. Before we left they again apologized for our wait. It is rare these days that customer service is this great. The atmosphere was perfect for a Friday night and the food worth the wait. We will definately be going back!