“Delicious Dinner”

Jade Garden
Ranked #72 of 171 Restaurants in Valparaiso
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed February 22, 2017

My husband and I have been going here for many years. We go for lunch, dinner and sometimes get carry out. Staff is pleasant and they give great service. We enjoy the crispy egg rolls and piping hot gsoups. I love the Chicken Subgum Almonding with fried rice. Portions are very large and are served piping hot. Vegetables in the dishes are not over cooked and have a little crunch. My husband usually gets Beef Chow Mein and he really enjoys it. My husband has a big appetite, but always has enough for a second meal.

Reviewed October 26, 2016 via mobile

I order from here often. They have great delivery. I can also use Grubhub. I get the steamed dumplings and the filling has a spicy flavor. Their wonton soup is perfect on a cold day.

Reviewed August 28, 2016

It had been a while since we ate here and we won't be going back any time soon . Appetizers were over-cooked to the point of being tough . Shrimp fried rice was just o.k.
as was the shrimp chow mien .Service was iffy because it was busy and only one server . Ate here at lunchtime .

Reviewed June 30, 2016

The food was not as good as on our last visit. The chow fung noodle dish had very little noodles. The eggplant was way overdone. However the mongolian beef was very good.

Reviewed December 22, 2015

Our takeout order of Kung Po chicken was ok but on the bland side and contained no peanuts. The vegetable chow mein tasted all right but consisted mostly of limp, watery bean sprouts thickened with cornstarch. The orders were packaged in the flimsiest of styrofoam containers secured with staples. It was blind luck that prevented these staples from dropping into the food as we tried to open the boxes. With its proximity to Chicago’s ethnic markets, we had hoped that one of Valparaiso’s few Chinese restaurants could produce fresh or regional or spicy dishes. Not here. OK in a pinch; just expect the Americanized version of “Chinese” food.