“Great for to go on a Friday night”
Review of Jade Garden

Jade Garden
Ranked #75 of 171 Restaurants in Valparaiso
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed September 1, 2015

This is a great place to get Chinese or Cantonese food in Valparaiso. They have a wide selection of all their foods. They also have good appetizers. Their portions for each dish is more than ample for anyone. We usually have leftovers for 1-2 days afterward which is fine with us. Their dining area inside is rather small. We have only dined in once. We some of their numerous to go patrons. It is great to grab to take home on a Friday night after a long week. There is usually only about a 20 minute if that, time span from the time you call until you can pick it up. I enjoy their ribs, spring rolls, and their deep fried chicken and pea pods as well as their sweet and sour chicken. Our grandchildren, who are small love it too. Their menu is extensive and has many selections or Chinese and Cantonese favorites. Over all not fond of dining in but to go it hits the spot.

Reviewed August 29, 2015

I picked up an order to go on a Friday night - the same order I always order - Chicken Subgum Chow Mein. I have been eating this dish for YEARS, never a problem, always delicious. When I got it home, there were a couple of types of vegetables that had not been cooked long enough and the chicken was dry and tough. I found this out when I got home and had to pick out all the ingredients that were not cooked or overcooked. This did not leave much food. I spoke with the store manager about my food. I told him that I had been their customer for years and this was the first time I had ever had a problem, and would he please replace it? The order had come to a whopping $6.50 cents, and all I wanted was a replacement and I would be fine.

He refused. I guess the Jade Garden does not want my business anymore. I was surprised when he refused to make it right. Apparently if you have a problem, this restaurant wants you to gring the actual food in their restaurant so they can "make sure you are telling the truth". A receipt will not suffice. I had already thrown out the undercooked veggies and the overcooked chicken and frankly, there was not much left. I could have driven all the way home and brought back the small amount of food for the manager to inspect, but I was offended and very disappointed that the restaurant refused to make things right.

I guess I will find another Chinese restaurant to buy from. Very disappointing.

Reviewed July 22, 2015

Their egg rolls are very good with the apricot sauce. Extensive menu and everything is really tasty.

1  Thank Ronald G
Reviewed June 8, 2015

Portions of food were great. Even the lunch portions were good size. Love eating here because of the excellent service and food.

Reviewed December 20, 2014 via mobile

Nice eat in or carry out
We enjoyed the egg drop soup.
The chicken wings were super crispy and delicious.
Egg Foo Young was okay , few too many bamboo sprouts. Will be back to try something else next time. Worth the stop. Very nice wait staff.