“Avoid Room 201!!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Avoid Room 201!!”
Reviewed April 4, 2014

I have to separate out my noise issues from the other aspects of the hotel. First the good: the hotel was clean, the staff was friendly, and the beds were very comfortable, which I had plenty of time to notice because I was awake almost the entire night because of the noise problems in this room.

The lobby area is tiny, and the open stairway and elevator are directly off the front desk and lounge area. Room 201 is at the top of the stairs and right across from and above the elevator door. When the bell rings on the first floor, you hear it. When the elevator goes up, you hear it. When the doors open and people get out, you hear every word they speak and every squeak of their luggage. When people check in downstairs, or sit in the lobby till midnight with their children's basketball team parents, you hear every word. When they begin setting up the breakfast room below you, you hear the chairs being moved. When people eat breakfast, you hear the waffle iron beep. Get the picture? Then you add the train noises from up the road all night long, the air conditioner unit in your room kicking in all night long, and it become a long, sleepless night. This room should be boarded up and never used again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank krisluke
BWValpoGM, General Manager at Best Western University Inn At Valparaiso, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay. I am happy that you found our guest services team to be friendly and accomodating. We take great pride in not only our guest services, but offering clean and comfortable rooms as well.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to sincerely apologize for not exceeding your expectations with the noise levels. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 219-850-1100.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Stayed here for one night on the way to Indianapolis for Big Ten Tournament. Very nice staff and very nicely remodeled hotel. Would highly recommend to anyone looking to stay in the Valpo area. Restaurant next door was convenient and easy to get anywhere from this location.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for wonderful review! Our hotel is under new ownership and management and has gone under a major renovation and transformation. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay & look forward to seeing you again!
portage, United States
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Nice hotel, updated with nice clean rooms. Staff was excellent extremely satisfied with our get away weekend. We will stay again for our near home get away place. Valpo has great restaurants shopping and for just walking to grab a snack or drink Applebee's right next door with a great staff.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your kind words and wonderful response. We take pride in our wonderful hotel amenities and guest satisfaction. We are happy you were able enjoy a "staycation" with us and took advantage of having a nice dinner at our Applebees next door. We look forward to having you as our guests soon.
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Didn't know they were remaking this hotel, only knew it changed names. 1st time staying here sing renovation...wow, nice job. Everything was upgraded and staff was very attentive. Will stay here next time in area. Keep up good work.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWValpoGM, General Manager at Best Western University Inn At Valparaiso, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for the wonderful compliments. We take great pride & ownership in the complete renovation of this hotel & I am happy that it shows through with our customer service as well. Please visit us again.
Beach Park, United States
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I chaperoned a group of college students to a conference in Valparaiso. This was not the conference assigned hotel, but it was the best moderately priced hotel in the area. Hotel staff were extremely attentive and offered to go above and beyond without being asked. For example, when I alerted the staff a pizza would be arriving for our group, the staff member immediately brought out plates and napkins. Room was very clean and spacious. Hotel recently was renovated and it shows. There are many upgraded features. Everything from the shower to the hair dryer were brand new. There is also a small sundry shop and the parking lot shares space with Applebee's. Great experience. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWValpoGM, General Manager at Best Western University Inn At Valparaiso, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thank you Carolyn for your wonderful review. We very much enjoyed hosting your group! We have completed an entire renovation and all of our amenities are in fact brand new. We are pleased that you found us & that the staff was able to assist you in all of your groups needs. I will pass along your great comments as I know the staff will be excited to hear from you! Please stop in to visit again if you are in the Valparaiso area.
St. John's, Canada
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I stayed here for two nights for a conference at the university. They had a very good deal on Expedia, so I went with it, and I'm glad I did. The staff were extremely friendly, the rooms were very up-to-date and comfortable, and the value for the price was notable. Before this trip, I wasn't that impressed with Best Western, but I'll consider them again after staying here.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your positive review! I am so happy that you found our hotel to be of great value. We enjoyed having you as our guest & I am pleased that you have found our brand to be accommodating to your needs. With Best Western, you stay with people who care. I will be sure to pass along your great comments to our staff. Thank you again for staying with us.
Maroa
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Best staff I have had in years and I stay at alot of hotels [professional referee/umpire] The staff was very helpful starting with directions to the hotel [2 calls] to directions/times to the event at the University...They [especially Shelley [sp] ] were outstanding...Nick

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your kind words & positive review Nick. We do our best to go above and beyond our guests expectations & I am so pleased that we were able to "Wow" you with our professionalism! I will be sure to pass along your great comments to Shelley and the whole team. We hope that you will visit us again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Valparaiso
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Valparaiso
Hampton Inn & Suites Valparaiso
Holiday Inn Express Valparaiso
Quality Inn & Suites Valparaiso
Fairfield Inn & Suites Valparaiso
Hilton Garden Inn Chesterton

Been to Best Western University Inn At Valparaiso? Share your experiences!