“A taste of Italy in our own backyard.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Za Za Ristorante - CLOSED

Za Za Ristorante
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Chesterton, Indiana
“A taste of Italy in our own backyard.”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Unassuming and sort of ignored. When we were looking for something a bit different, we tried Za Za. Thinking it would be a spaghetti joint and perhaps a mix of some other dishes, we were pleasantly surprised to feast on authentic and wonderful items from Osso Bucco to original Pasta Fresca. Love this place. Try it soon.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank WorldlyTravelersIN

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Definitely not going back!”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Went to Zazas with a group of friends , and my family. Only 2 people were dining there at 7 PM on Saturday night, we should have known right away. The calamari was soggy, the pizza smelled funny, my niece who ate spinach and artichoke ravioli got sick after her meal. My son had the whie sauced pumpkin ravioli and said his was good ( thus the 3). I ordered seafood risotto, however, the grain was way too al dente. The peart at the center remained a hard grain, We had to wait for the waiter to come by ( even if there was only our group dining + 2 more ) since they stay in the kitchen and there was no receptionist who can see us waving, and when we asked politely for a better cooked risotto, they just heated what I had, and served it back, this time, mixed inappropriately with the seafood it came with. On top of this, the manager (maybe) said that the next time, i should just be clear on how I want the risotto cooked. There will not/never be a next time.

• Visited November 2012
3 Thank kaloving
Valparaiso, Indiana
“Mediocre Experience”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

While most of our food was good, we had to wait a very long time because apparently a cook had called off. First of all, the appetizer bread tasted burnt. The waitress said she would give us some free desserts but then just gave us canoles which did not makeup for us waiting an extremely long amount of wait time. The atmosphere in the restaurant seemed crowded and somewhat cheap (although the prices on the menus were pretty average for casual dining.) I would definitely not recommend this restaurant. Pestos is much better for Italian cuisine.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Ashley1603
Chesterton, Indiana
“You Gotta Try the Gnocchi!”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

You can create your own pasta or gnocchi with the sauce/toppings that you choose. The food is very good!

Visited January 2012
1 Thank MCA2241
Valparaiso, IN
“My NEW FAVORITE Italian Restaurant <3 :)”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Excellent and consistent....sums up the food, service, atmosphere and overall experience of this warm, cozy, Italian restaurant. Something worth mentioning, is that the chef is from Rome and so are his recipes.

My family's favorites are the Italian beef, pumpkin ravioli's, chicken Marcella, Capri salad, soups and desserts...YUMMY!!!! The tirimisu is homemade and mmmmuuuuuaaaa...DELICIOUS. It's so smooth, rich, cool and creamy....MMMMMMMNNNNN Now, I'm craving...

The service is prompt, friendly, respectful and professional. Our experiences have been positive and consistent. We have even been there on several occasions where they have been busy or packed, and we have still recieved exceptional service.

In response to a couple of comments about their liquor license: If they would never have a liquor license, my family and I would not care...We go there for the amazing food! Sure, a glass of wine is nice with a meal, not necessary. ;)

I am Italian @ <3 and this is my new favorite Italian restaurant in the area.:))))

• Visited July 2012