“Oh my oh my run for the hills”

Comfort Suites Terre Haute
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Terre Haute
Tipton
“Oh my oh my run for the hills”
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Let me start with stating I spend 150 nights a year in hotels. Almost exclusively comfort suites. That being said sweet god almighty if this isn't a motel 6 what is? It's not the fact that its old and outdated that happens its dirty I checked in late and all I checked was my bed my big mistake. The next morning cobwebs everywhere mold growing on the walls room 215 by the way. I walked to the bathroom in white socks and immediately threw them away black is all I can say not dirty BLACK. Go anywhere but here anywhere!

• Stayed September 2013
TMIHospitality, Manager at Comfort Suites Terre Haute, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Jay d,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I'm very sorry that you had a less than satisfactory stay with us. I want to assure you that the condition of your room is not normal and I have already addressed your comments with my housekeeping staff to ensure that this doesn't happen again. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention and I hope you will give us another opportunity the next time you are in Terre Haute.

Tara M.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Central Illinois
Reviewed June 20, 2013

our family stayed 1 night at this location; facility is located on a relatively quiet street, off the main thoroughfare; outside of facility and grounds need a little work & "sprucing up" to help generate a more positive first impression; lobby & common-areas clean & nicely decorated, although some carpeting (especially in elevator) shows significant wear; free USA TODAY papers and warm chocolate chip cookies in lobby; staff were friendly, although not always immediately available at the front desk (out on break); pool is small, but was clean; WIFI in room was average.... not overly speedy; staff tending breakfast area were friendly; breakfast was very adequate (egg patties, sausage links, biscuits & gravy + the other normal stuff); room was quiet, clean; bed was comfortable; TV channels were plentiful; overall, we had a very nice stay

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here last minute I travel 300 days a yr state wide and out of all the comfort suites this one didn't measure up the only thing good about it was the staff was extremely friendly..The rms were ok found hair all over the outside of the shower curtain the kleenex box was torn so exposed metal ice machine on 1st floor and I stayed on 3rd floor and the hotel smelt of a strong disinfectant would only stay again if no other hotels

• Stayed April 2013
Novi, Michigan
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I've stayed at several other Comfort Suites hotels, and I was expecting a similar kinds of experience here. But I was fully disappointed with the quality of the hotel. As some other pointed out, the room decor look outdated, and it looks like the building was made of very thin walls. When I was staying in my room, I was constantly annoyed by the noise outside. People talking, kids playing, and doors banging. I was glad I brought earplugs.

Also, I booked a "suite" room (Comfort Suites hotels are supposed to be all-suite hotels), but the room I got was nothing more than a regular queen bed room (no kitchen area, no sofa, no separate sitting area. I have no idea how they can call it suite.

In my opinion, this hotel does not quality to be named "Comfort Suites". I suggest to change the name to Quality Inn and lower the price, to more appropriately represent the quality of the hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
TerreHauteComfort_GM, General Manager at Comfort Suites Terre Haute, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of the Comfort Suites Terre Haute. I apologize we did not provide you with the experience you expected while staying at our hotel. Please know we always encourage our guests to notify us with any noise problems so we can resolve the issue as best possible. I want to assure you that all of our rooms do come with all the suite amenities including a pull out sleeper sofa, a separate business worktable with chairs, a microwave and refrigerator. We hope you look to us again in the future if you find yourself in the area.

Travelers are raving about these Terre Haute hotels

oscoda
Reviewed March 19, 2013

we drove back from Phoneix az to michigan and stayed in Comfort Inns/Suirtes on the way back. This one was very nice, but not as nice as some we had stayed in at other cities. It was very acceptable, the service was good, rooms nice.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on my way to Indy. I look for " curb appeal" when choosing hotels. This property is beginning to age. Worn carpets, old signage, and a general rundown feel. Hotel is clean and priced right, but if not for a points promotion, I would have passed this on by.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
The Villages, Florida
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Our stay exceeded our expectations. The room was exceptionally clean and was the entire hotel. The staff was very friendly and accomodating to our every need. Our grandchildren used the swimming pool and in their words it was "awesome". The water was clean and warm as was the hot tub. I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family