“This place shouldn't be called Comfort Suites” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Suites Terre Haute

Comfort Suites Terre Haute
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Terre Haute
Novi, Michigan
“This place shouldn't be called Comfort Suites”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

I've stayed at several other Comfort Suites hotels, and I was expecting a similar kinds of experience here. But I was fully disappointed with the quality of the hotel. As some other pointed out, the room decor look outdated, and it looks like the building was made of very thin walls. When I was staying in my room, I was constantly annoyed by the noise outside. People talking, kids playing, and doors banging. I was glad I brought earplugs.

Also, I booked a "suite" room (Comfort Suites hotels are supposed to be all-suite hotels), but the room I got was nothing more than a regular queen bed room (no kitchen area, no sofa, no separate sitting area. I have no idea how they can call it suite.

In my opinion, this hotel does not quality to be named "Comfort Suites". I suggest to change the name to Quality Inn and lower the price, to more appropriately represent the quality of the hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
TerreHauteComfort_GM, General Manager at Comfort Suites Terre Haute, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of the Comfort Suites Terre Haute. I apologize we did not provide you with the experience you expected while staying at our hotel. Please know we always encourage our guests to notify us with any noise problems so we can resolve the issue as best possible. I want to assure you that all of our rooms do come with all the suite amenities including a pull out sleeper sofa, a separate business worktable with chairs, a microwave and refrigerator. We hope you look to us again in the future if you find yourself in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
oscoda
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

we drove back from Phoneix az to michigan and stayed in Comfort Inns/Suirtes on the way back. This one was very nice, but not as nice as some we had stayed in at other cities. It was very acceptable, the service was good, rooms nice.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on my way to Indy. I look for " curb appeal" when choosing hotels. This property is beginning to age. Worn carpets, old signage, and a general rundown feel. Hotel is clean and priced right, but if not for a points promotion, I would have passed this on by.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
The Villages, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

Our stay exceeded our expectations. The room was exceptionally clean and was the entire hotel. The staff was very friendly and accomodating to our every need. Our grandchildren used the swimming pool and in their words it was "awesome". The water was clean and warm as was the hot tub. I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Cayuga, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

My husband and I wanted to ring in the New Year by ourselves away from kids and everyone else. :) We chose to stay at this hotel and enjoyed a very quiet night alone together ringing in the new year. Room was extremely clean and well maintained. We did not use the pool because we didn't think to pack our suits.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Sault Ste Marie, Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

We loved the room, but the pool was disappointing, as there were only pool ladders, and no walk down steps for pool entry. I can't see how anyone that is older or young children can get in or out of this pool?

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Ocean City, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

Nice and comfortable stay. The city was nice I might return went to indiana state for a football combine good times. The staff was nice and friendly and the rooms were comfortable it was 4 of us so we needed the extra beds provided. Overall comfortable stay

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
TerreHauteComfort_GM, Manager at Comfort Suites Terre Haute, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel during your visit to Terre Haute. I have already shared your comments with my staff. We strive to make all guest stays nice and comfortable. It was good to hear that we succeeded.

Thank you for taking the time to post comments on TripAdvisor. The staff is looking forward to provide nice and friendly service the next time you come to stay in one of our comfortable suites. We look forward to seeing you again.