“LET DOWN THAT WAS AVOIDABLE”

Drury Inn Terre Haute
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Terre Haute
Reviewed July 28, 2008

Arrival was uneventful but we were unable to get the ideal room to start. After that, all should have been fine but we made our plans based on the claim of A 'guest laundry'. We needed to get it doen somewhere so we choose the drury. This is a ploy
, it is one washer and one dryer which drys slowly on the seventh floor(long elevator wait) so that was one problem wasting precious time.

The housekeeping was inconsistent, some wjhere quite pleasant and careful to ask before acting. Others came in and literally stole the food we had saved from the olive garden. Then the last day we went to breakfast and were not even moved out all the way yet and they threw away everything in the frefrigerator, my travel mug and several other items which should have been a clue we were not out yet. Plus they turned the tv service off and we could not get it turned back on before departure. They do serve a wondeful breakfast and the pool is nice but for the 100$ per night the econo lodge or the comfort suites next door are a good bet..

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Drury Inn Terre Haute

Reviewed October 17, 2007

I have stayed in many hotels in my life and this was by far the best experience ever. This was the second time staying Terre Haute and the first time, we looked for a hotel based on price. Choosing one of the lower priced hotels (Travelodge-do not ever stay there), we didn't even get what we paid for. So this time, I was more picky. When calling the Drury, I was first impressed that an American answered the phone, (nothing like trying to book a room when you can't understand the receptionist/janitor/manager like at Travelodge). Second, all the extras made it were worth the extra price; free pop and popcorn, 5:30 -7 3 free drinks and veges/dip & nachos, free hot breakfast with a good variety, free 60 long distance, internet. Third, the staff was exceptional, parking was awesome, so easy to find, top notch restaurants within walking distance, room was very clean, bed was typical but with very clean white sheets, pool was great, though I didn't bring mine pets were allowed, and most importantly, I am most picky about the bathroom and it was so clean with 6 huge fluffy white towels! More towels than I needed, awesome! Isn't your happiness, health and safety worth paying a little extra? I will definately be back!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed October 4, 2007

We booked an internet rate that did not allow us to cancel, so we took a chance, but the rate was only $79, same price our friends paid for the Super8 across the highway. We arrived later at night and asked for a ground floor room since we had 3 dogs with us. The staff gave us a handicapped room, which was fine (just a bigger shower) and it made the rate even cheaper at $69! Great parking, close to our room. We were right across from a meeting/banquet room which was always occupied but we didn't hear any noises with our door closed. The staff at the front desk all came out from behind the desk when we brought our dogs in (3 obnoxious yellow labs) and visited with them and talked with us. VERY friendly and so nice to talk to, they made our night. We stayed for 2 nights total. The bed was great, white, clean sheets, comfortable and I even liked the pillows ( I am tough on grading pillows!). Breakfast was good, hot, a lot better than the usual continental breakfast. Free soft drinks in the lobby 24 hours is really nice of them, the iced tea was my favorite. They also served free drinks in the lobby (basically open bar) but unfortunately we did not make it back to the hotel in time to indulge. We would definitely stay here again and hope to do so for next year's Terre Haute Air Fair

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2006

About what you would expect from this type of hotel. Nothing real fancy, but comfortable. The free wireless internet had a decent signal strength in our room, and there was an ethernet connection if you could find the cable (attached to the phone). The bed was comfortable enough, and the free breakfast the next morning was good with a decent variety. Though I doubt it changes from day to day.

Business travellers might find the workspace available in the King rooms to be too small. Don't know if it is any better in the double rooms.

AAA Members: The AAA discount is significant. If you are a member, make sure you ask for those rates.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank usually_lost
Reviewed April 17, 2006

I stayed at this hotel on business because a coworker always stayed here. First what I liked:
All the free stuff... free internet, free 1 hour long distance/night, free snacks and alcohol if you can get back from 5:30-7. The look of the room was fine, the bathroom was clean. The breakfast is nice, they have biscuits and gravy.

What I didn't like... they put me in a room with a window facing the gas station and an intersection on Route 41. It is very noisy!!! You hear trucks and motorcycles pulling away all night, and even with earplugs in I had trouble falling asleep. I asked them to change me to a different room but they said they were booked and wouldn't move me with someone who hadn't gotten there yet. My coworker said they sell out all the time through the week. He always requests a room away from the highway, but they tried to give him one this time anyway. Luckily that day they let him change rooms. The rooms I'd say would be absolute worst for this are 203, 303, 403, but any facing U.S. 41 would be bad.

Overall a decent hotel if you are lucky enough to get a room on the other side, not near the highway.

Stayed: April 2006
6  Thank getouttatown23
Reviewed March 28, 2006

We've stayed at the Terre Haute Drury every year for the last ten years on a yearly trip from Mexico to New York. We've found it to be consistently well-run, clean, the people at the desk courteous, the breakfasts better than average.

• Stayed: April 2005, traveled on business
2  Thank sashabob
A TripAdvisor Member
Missouri
Reviewed August 10, 2005

Typical of Drury Inn across the country. Overall a fair value with a set standard.

Like most Drury Inns, they had smallish rooms with little space to spread out. But there was free HBO on the 27in tv.

Double beds were firm and pillows were resonable if a bit soft.

Free hot breakfast was worth the extra $20 or so this hotel charges over similar hotels in town as we fed 4 people with eggs, sausage, bagels, spreads, fruit, coffee and juice.

Access is right off the highway and easy to find. Situated next to a Marathon Gas station for easy access.

24 Hour Starbucks across the street with drive up window.

Texas Roadhouse restaurant across the street and Cracker Barrell behind the hotel on a side street. Couple of other restaurants in the area.

There is a pool which is smallish but clean.

We found ants in our bathroom but there was no evidence of uncleanliness about the hotel.

Front desk was backed up at 9pm when we arrived but I'm told this wasn't typical.

• Stayed: July 2005, traveled on business