“Nice Stay On A Long Roadtrip”

Drury Inn & Suites Terre Haute
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Terre Haute
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed at this Drury Inn and Suites in August at the start of a long road trip. The hotel is nice. The guest services desk was very courteous and helpful. We enjoyed the room and were thankful it was clean and the bed was comfortable. The big attraction at the Drury is complementary breakfast and dinner food with adult beverages which are varied and we much appreciated. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 11, 2013

After a fast check-in, we went to our pleasantly decorated and well lit room. We had the included dinner at the hotel; it was like fast food, but okay (not great). Our room had a mini-fridge (no freezer) and a microwave. The chairs and bed were pretty comfortable. The shower head was good, and there was plenty of hot water. There was a small sink area outside of the small toilet/shower room. The breakfast was very good, including hot items.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 4 Joyful Travel
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Good place to stay for family or business. Free breakfast, free drinks in the evening and free hot meal in the evening. They also love pets! The staff is very friendly. I have been staying here 4 nights a week since mid June and plan to continue my stay for several months.

Room Tip: If you are here on business and using the desk a lot, choose a king room where the desk is not direc...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We have stayed at this location multiple times and have always been well satisfied. The desk staff is super friendly and goes out of their way to make sure guests are taken care of. Rooms are clean. The "snacks" are really a meal and coffee and soda is available nearly all the time. The breakfast selection is among the largest I have seen in a hotel of this price, and the staff for breakfast and snacks are also super friendly. This is the only place we stay in Terre Haute.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 4, 2013

The nightly price for the hotel is a very good value, however. The street noise leaves a lot to be desired. Asked to stay on the southeast side of the hotel to avoid the worst of the noise on the highway.

Front desk staff is quite helpful and very nice. A warm and genuine greeting and answered all my questions.

Morning breakfast is typical faire for an included breakfast. Bob Evans is across the street for a bigger variety but for an inclusive breakfast, not bad.

Room Tip: See the above - southeast side of the building.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 28, 2013

While Terre Haute and this area close to I-70 can be sketchy, the Drury Inn is extremely nice and perhaps one of the best places to stay in the region. The rooms, lobby and hallways were very modern and extremely clean. Beds are quite comfortable with loads of fluffy pillows. Basic but plentiful breakfast is offered every morning in fairly large and well-decorated lobby. The staff was extremely flexible and helpful even in the face of numerous, loud baseball teams in for a large tournament. Confirms the well-deserved status of Drury in this price range.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel many times over the last 10 years. It used to be my favorite hotel-unfortunately lately it seems to be on the decline. Latest example was my 7/24 stay, in room 212. I woke up to find bedbugs! Caught three in a plastic cup, and delivered them to the manager on-duty. He apologized and immediately offered to comp my room. Unfortunately, he didn't have much in the way of suggestions for how I should treat my luggage to avoid spreading them to my own home, other than to offer use of a dryer. My only request was that he have he general manager give me a call. I even left my cell phone number. He didn't bother to call. I was interested in hearing specifically how a hotel deals with such an infestation. That would have been his opportunity to reassure me and convince me to ever stay there again. As the situation stands, I have three itchy bites on my ankle, and will not be back- nor will my colleagues. Free drinks and food aren't worth it. The extras aren't extra, but they'll also follow you home!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
6  Thank Indymanda78
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Terre Haute, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent hotel visit. Please accept my sincere apology that we did not live up to your expectations and you did not enjoy your stay with us. I am sorry that I was out for a few days during your stay, but I can assure you that your comments were shared with the exterminating company that inspects and treats our rooms on a regular basis and action was taken. The room was immediately taken off market, received professional heat treatment and will not be placed back in our inventory until the problem has been eradicated.

I have left a couple of messages for you and hope we have a chance to talk, so I can answer any other questions you may have. Input from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve our product and services and take actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. Please know that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver the best service and experience to our guests. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to your return!

Mason Peck