“Convenient Location” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Terre Haute
Kansas City, Missouri
“Convenient Location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2011

Just stayed two nights in May. Good location, quiet room, bed was comfortable. Staff was friendly and there are plenty of food options nearby. THis was our first stay at a drury Inn, but we'll be back.

Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank disneygoof1966

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Tucson
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

This is a nice stop if you are traveling with pets. They are welcoming and the rooms are comfortable. The snacks in the evening are especially nice after a long day of driving.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank arizonatraveler02
Attleboro, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2011

This Drury Inn is larger than its smaller cousin, The Pear Tree Inn, across the parking lot; it's a hotel rather than a motel. The desk staff said that they couldn’t honor my coupon because I had a king-suite (the only room left), but they still dropped the price by $19 which made me pretty happy. The room was large, clean, and comfortable.

They provided me with a voucher for a cocktail and then told me that there was a free meal for dinner. (I got the impression this was standard. Everyone in the hotel seemed to be there, but the line moved quickly.) Much of the food was not something you’d want on a diet – hotdogs, nachos, chicken wings – but there was also salad and plenty of non-alcoholic drinks. I was tired from traveling all day, so it was a nice surprise to discover that we wouldn’t have to go out to eat. Breakfast had a nice selection of foods as well.

The Pear Tree Inn across the parking lot does not have dinner, but the rooms are clean, there is a good breakfast, and the room rates are considerably less.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Pickerington, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2011

I had never stayed at a Drury Inn before, but booked this room after reading the glowing reviews on Trip Advisor. Either I hit this hotel on an off day, or my expectations were too high, but I will never stay here again. Upon arrival, I found the lobby door locked and a sign indicating it was locked 24 hours a day for the safety of hotel guests. I started feeling that I had booked a room in a dangerous location and immediately became worried. There was a small security window that the hotel staff used to verify guest reservations. Once verified, I was admitted to the lobby. After checking in, we drove around the building, as instructed, to access our room. Behind our hotel was another establishment that evidently encouraged gathering and partying outside, late at night. For safety reasons, we hurried inside. As soon as I opened the door, I knew I had made a mistake. The room smelled musty and unclean. It was dark and dingy looking. The linens and pillows had absorbed the musty smell and I started wondering if I would be able to stay here. I turned the air conditioning on and that seemed to make the room bearable. I proceeded to make up the sleeper sofa for my teenage daughter. There was a bag of linens in the closet. Evidently, the housekeeping staff does not wash the extra blankets between guests, because they were stained and crusty. They smelled horrible. The next morning I went down to the lobby for the complimentary breakfast. This was probably the cleanest area of the hotel. The food was average at best with a limited selection of items for anyone looking for healthy options. I know that every hotel can have a few glitches, but there are too many other options for me to give this place or any other Drury Inn another chance.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DruryHotels, Manager at Drury Inn Terre Haute, responded to this review, May 20, 2011
We appreciate hearing from our guests and sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay at our hotel. Your comments have been shared with hotel management to follow up with our housekeeping department. Our front doors are locked from 10:00pm-6:00am for overall guest security. Our number one priority is for guests to enjoy a comfortable and clean stay and your comments will help us work to achieve our goals.
Indianapolis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2011

We stay here frequently and love this hotel, however the last time we stayed, our credit card was charged three times instead of two (we had booked two rooms). Unfortunately, even after several calls, the mistake wasn't corrected until after the erroneous charge posted, throwing us over our credit limit and triggering a fee for that as well as a horrendous increase in our interest rate.

After finally admitting their mistake (this took three phone calls and an email to Drury Corporate), and to their credit, they did phone my credit card company to explain what happened. However, it didn't help. Had they simply taken care of it with my first call (two weeks before the charge posted), all of this could have been avoided. We were compensated via a check to cover our over limit fee and given a voucher for a free night's stay, however there is nothing they can do to correct the APR on our credit card going from 7.9 to 29.9%.

I would still recommend staying here, but when you check in, make sure the staff knows the difference between a credit card and a debit card and when you check out, do not use express checkout. Go to the desk and make sure your card has been charged appropriately.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank LRyan46
Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2011

I agree with the other reviewer about the review on Jan 26 that was bad. That person has a big imagination or just wanted to slam the competition. We have NEVER found the Drury or Pear Tree in the condition described in the bad review. One bad out of over 30 good reviews, well my guess is they were not at the Drury! With family & friends in Terre Haute we are there to visit 3-4 times a year. We did try a couple of other hotels but no more. Drury or Pear Tree is where we will always stay when we come to town. Love the e-saver rate online! When we travel to other places we look for a Drury first. Have never been disappointed with our stay! Our Pomeranian is always welcome at no extra charge. Always clean and staff is friendly. Rooms are comfy. No trouble hooking onto the internet from my laptop. Food & drinks are great. Even though close to I-70 the Interstate noise is not noticeable. Unable to hear noise in the hall when in room. The only negative thing I can say about the Terre Haute Drury or Pear Tree is the limited parking when there an event in town. No event parking is good. We highly recommend any Drury to everyone.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2011

My husband has family in Terre Haute that we go and see on the weekends about every other month, we always stay at the Drury, and no where else.
*Clean rooms
*Wonderful staff
*Great food, breakfast and lunch
*Drink service
*Location

Drury is wonderful. We have stay countless time and each time it is a great experience. The only negative would be that there can be limited parking especially when there are events in town. We have gotten back to the hotel late in the evening on some occasions and had no place to park. We had to park next door at the Lonestar.
Also the pool is kind of small, but they have a hot tub.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family