“Good experience”

Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Terre Haute
Beavercreek, Ohio
“Good experience”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I travel quite a bit. I have stayed at some fantastic hotels and some real dumps. That being said, I was truly pleased with this Hotel.
I stayed here specifically because of the cost. It was a good price and the location was perfect for what I was looking for. Right of the exit on I-70.
The Hotel itself is not much to look at on the outside. (Especially sitting next to the Drury Inn as it does.) There was plenty of parking. The front door was situated facing the main road with the side entrance facing the main parking area. That was a little confusing.
The front desk area was clean and there was a nice smell of popcorn in the air. The front desk attendees were all extremely helpful and friendly!
The elevator is probably the most annoying part of the hotel. There is no close door button and the door stays open for 20 seconds at a minimum before closing. That may not seem like a lot, but when you are the only person getting in, it seems to take forever.
The halls were all clean and smelled nice. The rooms were clean, the beds (two doubles) were large and the comfortable. The pillows were another story. I highly recommend you bring a pillow with you. The two pillows provided per room were very old and the fiber fill was not one piece any more. Even with two stacked together, it was bad.
The towels and wash cloths were old and dingy looking. I smelled them closely to see if I could detect a bleach or chlorine smell and I could not. I was not impressed with the cleanliness of the bathroom either. There was a yellow stain from standing water in the sink and the tub didn't seem like it had been cleaned as good as it could have been.
The TVs were old, but they worked. The wifi was pretty good. I had no problem streaming videos at any time of day or night.
The hotel staff called every night to check that everything was OK. That was annoying, but I understand the level of customer service they were striving for, so I appreciate it.
Overall, I would gladly stay at the Pear Tree again. It was not the best place, but it definitely met my needs and I felt important while I was there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Morristown,Tennessee
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I usually stay at Drury Inn but this time I got a good deal here at Pear Tree Inn.It was a great stay at half the price of Drury.Room was clean,I got a King Size bed plus the room had a recliner,a desk and a desk chair.The only thing no fridge in the room and there was plenty of room for one.But for the price cant beat it for a good clean room.Now you dont get the extras like drury but there is a continental breakfast.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Roadsofa
Cumming, Georgia, United States
Reviewed July 25, 2012

If you're looking for a nice room, good value, excellent location-- this one's worth a look. Stayed here last night for one night on our way back to Atlanta, and we booked based on price and location.

Cab dropped us off in front of the hotel, and check in was a breeze. Popped upstairs to our room, dropped our bags, took a shower, then next door to Cracker Barrel for dinner. The room was quiet-- never heard a peep in the hallway-- and we had a very comfortable king-sized bed.

Breakfast was mediocre at best. Few food choices, spread over the tiny little breakfast area and small lobby. Adequate, but marginally adequate.

So... good room, good location. If breakfast is your thing, pop next door to Cracker Barrel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed July 18, 2012

The Pear Tree Inn is right next to Drury, where we had first stopped to ask for pricing. The staff at Drury kindly compared his price to the Pear Tree (they are both owned by Drury so he had access to pricing at the other property) and the price difference made our decision.

The Pear Tree was not as clean as the Drury appeared to be, but it wasn't bad. The biggest issue was that the room was smoky. Apparently the state just recently passed legislation requiring hotels to be smoke-free, and though the room had been professionally cleaned, it was still quite smoky smelling. The bed was pretty comfortable, the bathroom was quite small.

Breakfast was fine - nothing special. The best part of the short stay was the friendly staff. We had no issues with noise from the highway - 4th floor room was quiet.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
DruryHotels, Manager at Pear Tree Inn Terre Haute, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Thanks for choosing the Pear Tree Inn Terre Haute. We apologize for the cleanliness issues you experienced with your stay. The state of Indiana did recently pass a law which required all room become non smoking. We have converted all of the smoking rooms to non smoking and rooms have been cleaned again by an outside professional service. Your comments have been passed along to hotel management to follow up with team. It is our mission for guests to enjoy a comfortable and clean stay! We truly appreciate your business and do hope to see you as our guest again soon.
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We were in town for a softball tourney and wanted an inexpensive place to stay. The Internet price was $69/night which was $30 less then anywhere else that I would have normally stayed. I was a little nervous about taking the chance but it paid off. The staff was extremely friendly, it was clean, the beds were comfortable, it was a generous continental breakfast with some of the best coffee I've had, and we were pleasantly surprised when we got our check out statement and had received the $54.99/night rate. Yes it looks a little dated, has no pool and is right next to the interstate but if you just need a place to stay the night, then this is a great deal.

• Stayed July 2012
St. Louis, Missouri
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Stopped for an overnight stay in Terre Haute on our way home from vacationing in French Lick Indiana! The price difference between the Inn, and the Drury (which was right on the opposite side of the parking lot) made my decision!
So, the breakfasts aren't as "FULL" as the Drury, but it's enough to get you started! It was clean, beds were comfortable, right off the interstate. I personally have never stayed at a Drury or a Pear Tree that was not top-notch!
Highly recommend!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Columbia, Alabama
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Bathroom had quite a few hairs left for me yah!! Wi FI worked good, breakfast wasnt much at all,had a room along the road was very noisy

Room Tip: Get a room towards the rear of hotel, and away from freeway