“Most Nasty Horrible Experience Ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Terre Haute
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Most Nasty Horrible Experience Ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2006

I have never stayed at a more horrible dump than I have at the Terre Haute Days Inn. I was there for a wedding, and the room and hallways smelled so bad I was afraid to take my bridesmaid dress into the hotel. There were stains of undeterminable origin everwhere, on the floor, bed spread, and walls (i'll let you use your imagination with that). The window had a white film caked on it. I smelled so bad, I went and got febreeze and febreezed the room, then used the Febreeze scented spray. It looked like a rent-by-the hour motel. The staff was rude and almost non-existent, and did not care about the look of the hotel. Nasty Nasty Nasty is the only thing I can say. If you like filth, then stay there.

• Stayed April 2005
2 Thank Sun_Goddess003

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Detroit, MI
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2006

I stayed at this hotel in December and the only positive experience I had was when I drove away on my departure....the feeling of relief that I wouldn't make this mistake again. The hotel was filthy from the dirty/stained carpets, stained mattresses, filthy windows, stained/dirty furniture, to the missing peep hole in the door. I am by no means a picky traveler but I was extremely disappointed in this hotel that was formerly Larry Bird's Boston Connection hotel. I needed to switch rooms 3 times to find a working TV. The televisions were from 1970 and about 15" in size. I kept my Do Not Disturb sign on the door during my stay to avoid the housekeeping (and I'll just leave that alone). If I can keep one parent from staying there on a visit to the child who may be going to Indiana State University, then I will have felt like my stay had some value.

• Stayed December 2005
4 Thank Eric23

Travelers are raving about these Terre Haute hotels

North Carolina USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2005

I have stayed in Terre Haute several times and always passed on the Days Inn, even though the room rates were slightly below the others I chose. That is, until a stay earlier this month. The rate offered online was incredibly lower than earlier this year, so I decided to try it. NEVER AGAIN! I had planned to stay 3 nights, but checked out after 1 night and booked a room elsewhere (luckily, I was able to get another room). Here is what I found in my room. The wallpaper was peeling off the wall in several areas and it also had tears and dark stains. The window curtain had a huge stain that I assumed was water. It also had several holes that appeared to be cigarette burns. The shower curtain in the bathroom was mildewed over the entire lower area. There was no mattress pad on the bed, just the sheet, making the bed uncomfortable. The only lamp near the bed did not work and the clock on the bedstand looked about 20 years old. As for the rest of the hotel, the carpeting was stained and looked like it had not be cleaned in several years. There is no way that I would recommend this hotel to anyone, regardless of the room price.

• Stayed July 2005
4 Thank luvthebeach2
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2005

The hotel needs to close the doors!!! Trash can by the front door looked like someone vomitted in it, we stayed 2 nights and no one clean the area. The pool was closed, the pop machines and ice maker did not work on 2 floors. The room was gross!!!! I killed 2 bugs in the bathroom, the air conditioner did not work, the light in the bathroom did not work we called the first desk for repairs. The staff stated they could not fix the light or the air conditioner but would give a 10% discount. We had a coffee maker in the room but no pot with the coffee maker. All the hotels in the area were booked for the event. If we could have found a room elsewhere we would have left!

• Stayed June 2005
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2004

I stayed at the Days Inn in Terre Haute for one night earlier this month. The service, the room (although somewhat worn), etc. were acceptable. However, the free breakfast was a perk I decided not to take. The food area was dirty and dingy--- food, coffee and juice spilled on the table and floor with no one tending to the area. After seeing tiny flies in the OJ and on the pastries, I decided to have breakfast elsewhere.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2003

I was a guest at the Days Inn on 3rd Street in Terre Haute in April, 2003. I received a great internet rate, and having passed by this hotel many many times I decided to give it a try.

One person was on duty when I checked in around 9 PM. She was not at the desk, and I waited at least ten minutes for her to return. My reservation was found easily and check-in was completed quickly once she got there.

Before I go on, I should say that at one time this was one of the best places to stay in Terre Haute. Unless I'm mistaken, at one time it was a Sheraton and then it was under another brand. Larry Bird had some affiliation with either this hotel or its restaurant for a while. I'm glad his name is off of it because I think it would embarrass him.

Now, the place has been allowed to become run down. It doesn't have a "safe" feeling, and all entrances are open without requiring a room key, so anyone could walk in the hotel at night. The drapes are old and faded, carpets are thin and stained, and as a result of neglect, it just has the feel of a "cheap" hotel, which, considering the rate I paid, I suppose it is. I was disappointed, though, because I do recall when it was the hotel of choice. I attended ISU and many of my friends' parents stayed there when visiting. If you're on a tight budget, you might give this hotel a try, but don't stay here if you're trying to impress someone.

On the morning of my check-out, there was no hot water so no one could shower unless they wanted to freeze. Because of that problem there was a ten per cent discount given, which I think was a good gesture. Again, I would not say the place was terrible, but I would likely not return.

19 Thank Drummer46241