“Clean rooms friendly service”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Terre Haute
“Clean rooms friendly service”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

The hotel didn't look so good from the outside it was nothing special. However, inside it was very nice and clean. It was the fastest check-in we have ever had in our travels. The receptionist was very friendly but didn't have much info on restaurants but did give us a book to look rough. Our room was clean and spacious. The breakfast was advertised as a hot breakfast. We were the first ones there at 7am and the biscuits were had and the gravy was cold. The hot water would not even devolve my husbands tea bag. Coffee was good. They did have waffles so I guess that qualifies as a hot breakfast. They did have yogurt and hard boiled eggs and cold cereal. It was a decent breakfast but I would not consider it hot.

Room Tip: The suite was the same price as a room with a king size bed. No brainier get the suite
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jk4223

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Owensboro, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed October 22, 2012

After reading several reviews, I was very concerned. After staying there this past weekend, I was very pleased. This hotel was clean, smelled fine, and the staff was great!! Come on people, you get what you pay for!! What I paid, this hotel was great!! Breakfast was fast and easy. Would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Beth T
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I am staying here for work X3 days and my schedule is 0400-0930. While here I kept the privacy notice on my door. The staff was very helpful in satisfying my needs from directions to places, eating breakfast after the bar had closed, request for towels, etc. The rooms are very nice and my room had a blow dryer and refrigerator compared to the last place I had stayed at. I will choose this place again when I come to town.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Maurita_12
Linden, Indiana, United States
Reviewed October 18, 2012

i stay here every time i come to town as i have family here and i am made to feel very welcome and have found the rooms while it is an older hotel to be very comfortable and clean.. the staff makes you feel very welcome and although you are a guest you are treated with a family like atmosphere ...i feel as though the staff here is an extended family when i come to town as i do at least once a month ...

Room Tip: this is a great make you feel at home hotel i come here often as i have family in the city and i am...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Norma C
Grant Park, Illinois, United States
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Not sure when the other reviews were written, but we stayed here over the weekend (Oct 12-14, 2012) and we were extremely impressed. The rooms were gorgeous. There was even a frig, microwave and coffee maker in the room!! It is a "motel" and not a "hotel"....keep that in mind.
They also have a fantastic breakfast. Coffees, teas, yogurt, cereals, waffle maker, biscuits and gravy, milk, juices...
Also, the staff was very friendly. One man was behind the front desk, very courteous and talkative. The other man may have been the manager? So friendly and helpful.
We will DEFINITELY be staying there again next year when we come down to the Covered Bridge Festival.
The only negative was the price was a little steep....but other than that, everything was perfect.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Jeanne1125
Kalamazoo, MI
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This hotel should not be allowed to have the Quality Inn name. I have stayed at other Quality Inn's and that why I chose to stay here.......mistake. Building/facility is an old hotel that has had a poor job remodeling. The poor staff looked as disappointed as I was with the lack of ability to provide the service we needed. Whom ever owns this hotel needs to really think about stepping up their game. There are way to many other hotels in the immediate area for competition!

Room Tip: Make sure to check that you have bath towels when you get to your room. We were only provided hand t...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Heather4change

Travelers are raving about these Terre Haute hotels

Homer, Alaska
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Spent 2 nights here recently while travelling for work. I have to say this is among the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. First, the night attendant didnt even check my ID and just handed me room keys when I got there. I took the elevator to the 4th floor and when the door opened I was treated to an overpowering odor that made me feel sick, this odor hung in the air all the way to my room and didnt go away the entire time I was there. I asked for my reciept before going to work the next evening and was told I wasnt even showing in thier system as checked in, they seemingly fixed this issue but handed me a reciept that showed several mistakes the front desk person had made while generating it. As I was walking out the door I verified with the front desk that even though I was getting my reciept my room would still be available untill checkout time the following day and was assured it would be. I got off work a bit earlier than expected and went back to my room, I wasnt there for more than enough time to dose off and the housecleaning people were knocking at the door ( do not disturb sign was in place) I told them I didnt need anything through the door and then the front desk calls the room phone to ask why I was still there. A few minutes of conversation and the issue was settled and I was given an extra hour before I had to check out. Complimentary coffee in the lobby was watered down and cold, room smelled, the white towels were a light shade of grey and looked worn. Room had power issues and plaster was coming off the walls, desk chair was broken and the toilet would not flush unless you held down the handle for the entire cycle. Last but not least the outer security doors do not lock and the hotel shares a parking lot with the local Juvenile Justice Center. Do yourself a favor and sleep in your car before you book here!

Room Tip: Choose a room in a different hotel
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business