“DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Terre Haute
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Spent 2 nights here recently while travelling for work. I have to say this is among the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. First, the night attendant didnt even check my ID and just handed me room keys when I got there. I took the elevator to the 4th floor and when the door opened I was treated to an overpowering odor that made me feel sick, this odor hung in the air all the way to my room and didnt go away the entire time I was there. I asked for my reciept before going to work the next evening and was told I wasnt even showing in thier system as checked in, they seemingly fixed this issue but handed me a reciept that showed several mistakes the front desk person had made while generating it. As I was walking out the door I verified with the front desk that even though I was getting my reciept my room would still be available untill checkout time the following day and was assured it would be. I got off work a bit earlier than expected and went back to my room, I wasnt there for more than enough time to dose off and the housecleaning people were knocking at the door ( do not disturb sign was in place) I told them I didnt need anything through the door and then the front desk calls the room phone to ask why I was still there. A few minutes of conversation and the issue was settled and I was given an extra hour before I had to check out. Complimentary coffee in the lobby was watered down and cold, room smelled, the white towels were a light shade of grey and looked worn. Room had power issues and plaster was coming off the walls, desk chair was broken and the toilet would not flush unless you held down the handle for the entire cycle. Last but not least the outer security doors do not lock and the hotel shares a parking lot with the local Juvenile Justice Center. Do yourself a favor and sleep in your car before you book here!

Room Tip: Choose a room in a different hotel
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank D J

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Where to start? I read some other reviews and found this one was my best bet for the area (no bug sightings). Boy was I wrong! I added some pictures to enlighten the next traveler. DO NOT STAY HERE! The hotel claims to have remodeled recently. Apparently, they don't understand what a remodel consist of. By definition a remodel is (and I quote): To make over in structure or style; reconstruct. Obviously, they took the style part to heart and that is all. The furniture is fairly new. The bed and coverings are clean. Only they spray some cheap smelling "deodorizer" (It's not Fabreeze) all over the duvet and pillows. It was making me sick. The building is in terrible shape. When I read that a hotel had been remodeled recently. I was expecting the rooms to be in decent shape. This place is BAD. The bathroom ceiling is falling in. I found an unsafe electrical outlet that is falling off the wall. The high voltage electrical is ran through plastic low voltage wire molding that is coming apart in different areas. This is a blatant fire hazard. I can't believe the owners/management allow the rooms to get like this. The TV is terribly old. I travel with a gaming console and the TV wouldn't recognize the signal. I tried every connection the TV had and nothing. The TV is a box with a flat screen. The breakfast is from 6am to 9:30am. They claim to have a hot breakfast. In fact, the only two things that are hot are the cheap tasting watered down waffles and a Crock pot filled with watered down sausage gravy. The biscuits are cold and dry. It's pretty sad. Lets just say I had my most important meal of the day somewhere else. The parking lot is shared with the local Juvenile Justice center. If you get a late start... don't get a late start. Leave before 7am. I don't recommend this place. Just keep driving...

Room Tip: Go to another hotel...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank Clintonbutnotbill
Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

We had a hard time finding a last minute hotel because of two popular events in town. Found Quality Inn to be ok of your desperate and you sanitize everything first. I keep Clorox wipes in my suitcase and always wipe down everything for a piece of mind. Toilet had fecal debris on the back hinge. A greasy face and hand prints on the headboard. Air quality good. Bedding good. Table dirty. Newly painted. Elevators have been vandalized. Location of hotels is a bit shady. Nice security in hotel. No bed bugs. Quiet. Definitely not worth $129. I think they jacked the price up for the event. room not worth more than $50/night. No bar. Breakfast spread is standard. Towels are worn. Fan in bathroom rattles.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Upon arrival to the Quality Inn I found the irony in the name "quality" as I entered the room looking forward to a relaxing stay for my wedding, my fiancée and I happened to come across a note. A suicide note. A lady had had written a novel on the backside of a discharge paper from a mental ward writing out a letter to her lover about how she was going to end her life. As the same time the grooms man checked in to his hotel room he had come across a blue pill where he discovered on pill identifier.com that it was complementary to the used condoms he found under the chair as a herpes medication. And as a delightful midnight snack he was treated with a little snack from some herpe infested leftover McDonald's. In conclusion, it would only to take one to realize why I would write a review to warn other travelers about such an eyeopening experience. Good hotel hunting!!

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank Bnay14
Reviewed August 19, 2012

My friend and I were driving a 3-day trip to California. After driving more than 12 hours and both of us being at the point of falling asleep behind the wheel, we stopped at a Quality by accident--having been looking for a different, specific hotel. Upon our arrival, the gentleman at the front desk, Nik Padel, was very accommodating, knowing that we had traveled a great distance and were tired. Without question, he offered us a discount on an already reasonably-priced room just to convenience us. The room was nicer than expected, very clean, very comfortable, and the complimentary breakfast was also satisfactory. If you're taking a trip across the country for any reason at all, I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Marie F
Reviewed June 2, 2012

This is a disgusting, outdated, rundown cheaply run hotel that has absolutely no "Quality" to it. It looks like it was built in the 7's and nothing has been done to it since. My room smelled bad. There is a cigarette burn in the bottom sheet of my bed, there is a greasy palm print on the "headboard" (actually a piece of laminate screwed to the wall) plaster falling off the ceiling in the moldy, dingy shower, The toilet bowl is stained and soiled. The lighting in the room would have to be increased 200 watts to be considered even dim. The 2 chairs are straigt back and uncomfortable. The plumbing is so loud that when our "neighbor" takes a shower it sounds like they are in our bathroom. The elevators doors are strong ard dangerous since they close on you before you and or your party have a chance to clear the door so you are constantly having to "fight" the door whenever you use it. The "breakfast" that is "complimentary" was just the worst. A load of pre-packaged stale rolls and bread slices, two choices of unpopular generic cereal, the orange juice was rancid and the room itself was unattended and unkept. Not only will I never, ever, ever stay in one of your lousy hotels again I will certainly discourage anyone within earshot of doing the same. I have spent two nites in this flea bag and had I to do it over again I would rather have slept in my car. Total rip off and disgusting.

Room Tip: You are better off sleeping in your car!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 16, 2012

The hotel is located on 3rd St, the main N-S road thru Terre Haute. It is a few miles north of I-70, but just a few blocks from downtown and the ISU campus, both are easily walkable. The fact that it is not near the Interstate makes getting in and out of the parking lot a snap.

The hotel itself is a bit old, but it has just been renovated and looks fine. The rooms are a bit larger than normal and everything is clean and well maintained. The staff is excellent and goes out of their way to help make your stay an enjoyable one.

The morning breakfast is the standard fare, but the room is large with plenty of tables, and everything is well stocked. Numerous restaurants in the local area to choose from for dinner, and there is a McDonalds a block away.

All in all, my 2 night stay here was quite satisfying. The manager, Yvonne, who was working the front desk, went out of her way to accommodate my request for a room change. My first room was fine, but I wanted one facing west to be able to watch the thunderstorms roll thru the area.

It is not the newest hotel in the area, but it is clean, and welll maintained, with a friendly staff. For the price, it is a value location, and worth considering. I can definitely recommend this location, and will stay here on my next visit.

Room Tip: Nice view from rooms on the west side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends