“Nice remodel, friendly and helpful staff.”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Terre Haute
Reviewed April 9, 2011

Stayed for a week while working second shift at power plant. The staff was courteous and helpful. The room was clean. Plenty of hot water and good water pressure. Housekeeping was in tune to my opposite hours and didn't mak mistake of waking me up in the am. One of my coworker left lights on in his truck and the manager was quick to give him a jump start with his late model cadillac he even had the cables. They also had an excellent breakfast and nice dining area.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed December 1, 2010

Then new Quality Inn in Terre haute has been remodeled inside and out. Any reviews before Oct. 2010 should now be disregarded. They would have been before new ownership and remodel. Everything was great, you CAN NOT go by old reviews. Rooms are clean, staff is great, nice breakfast area. Can't speak on pool it was closed (stayed in Nov. 2010).

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 30, 2010

OK, so $50/night (approx) isn't too bad on short notice, given my situation (water pipes burst, didn't want to have to go to the restroom @ the local gas station, and wanted to be able to shower during the time the water was shut off). I've lived in and around Terre Haute my whole life (30 years), so I know the better/worse places to stay, for the most part. Decided to give the Days Inn on South 3rd St. a try, b/c the nearest competitor, money-wise, was Super 8, and although it's clean (usually) and all, I just wanted to try something different. No big deal... Or so I thought.

The big deal turned out to be that the room is kinda dirty and very old. OK, fine, I'm not too picky for $50/night. And that rate was with my AAA discount, btw. Nice of them to give me the same rate all 3 days since the 3rd day was a weekend. Yeah, I appreciate stuff like that. HOWEVER, what I don't appreciate is not getting toilet paper left in my room when I specifically ask for it. I had put the Do Not Disturb sign on my door the first two days and gotten a roll of TP from the front desk as needed (the TP was pretty much tissue paper on a roll, nothing fancy, which is what I expected), but the 3rd day, I asked the front desk guy (whose English was ... slightly passable, at best) to just toss in a roll of TP and a box of tissue in the room (the box of tissue in the room had only one actual tissue in it, I discovered), no worries about making the beds and/or cleaning up. (My 11yo daughter and I don't really require such things, we're pretty easy-going and non-fussy.) I told him this b/c I knew we would be gone the entire day and would require nothing more. Upon my return around 8pm, I found no TP or tissue. It's now almost 7am, and as I sit here typing this review, I am annoyed for the following reasons:

a) I want to blow my nose, but I have no tissue.
b) I want to pee, but I have approx. 2 sheets of TP left. (Correction: I now have none.)
c) I'm debating walking to the front desk to get both tissue & TP, but it's 17F, and dammit, I shouldn't have to do that in the first place! >.<

So yeah, the threadbare carpet (literally threadbare, and our socks actually stick to it), paper-thin walls (I've heard more from my neighbors above and next-door than I'd like to), and ice-covered parking lot (I'm actually parked on a sheet of ice) don't make for an impressive stay. My daughter did enjoy the make-your-own waffles though. Woohoo.

On a side note, while checking in for the first night, the mostly-toothless desk clerk, while friendly as can be, was as unpleasantly surprised as the fellow hotel guest was to find that her assigned room was "down for painting," and that the Housekeeping Staff failed to notify said desk clerk. I imagine finding a "lump on the bed" (leading to wondering if it was just a lump or another sleeping guest) would be rather disconcerting to me as well. My sympathies to you, fellow hotel guest.

Bottom line: You get what you pay for (and often less).

• Stayed: January 2010
Reviewed July 4, 2009

At check-in, my reservation couldn't be found. The lobby and halls were hot, there was no air conditioning. I was sent to two rooms that were dirty, they had not been cleaned yet, it was 8:45 PM. We were finally given a room that had been cleaned, but was still dirty. There was food stuck on the walls, the toilet had a black ring in it, the sink was falling off the wall, the heat/air unit did not have markings, and the floor was wet. The clerk was more interested in his girlfriend (who was wandering around the lobby) than helping us. We were told when we made the reservation that the pool was open, it was not. We were told that the reason the pool was closed was because someone stole the pool cover. The pool cover was in what was supposed to be the tennis court, whick in fact was a fenced in parking lot with no net or markings. There was trash floating in the black watered pool. Rats were running around the pool area. Breakfast was supposed to be from 6:00AM to 9:30AM. At 8:30AM we went to breakfast. There was only 4 muffins, coffee, and some milk and cereal, it was never restocked. We were supposed to stay for two nights, but we were so disgusted with the place that we went elsewhere to stay.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed February 26, 2009

We went to Terre Haute for a family reunion. We had booked 13 rooms for our whole family. When we go there, we got 7 rooms. So, we had to bunk with other family members. I even asked to speak with a manager about it, the front desk clerk said very rudely "he's not here right now".

The hallways are absolutely gorgeous along with the lobby. So I was expecting a clean room. Boy was I surprised. The carpet was all torn up, chips, and various other food items were on the floor. The bed sheets had yellow stains on them, when we took them off to change them, the mattress had a big hole cut into it. We looked for new sheets but there were none in the room, called the front desk for them and the same person said "We don't have any more sheets SIR".

TV reception was ok, some channels were so snowy you couldn't tell what was going on. The phone was good except for the constant call disconnections. The bathrooms were HORRIBLE. Mold all over the ceiling, the toilet hadn't been flushed, the bathtub still had water in it, with towels in the water. We got 2 towels in the room and thats all we had from the hotel the whole trip. Luckily we brought our own towels for the pool.

The pool, the water was clean, but the pool walls and such were falling apart. My grandson got a piece of pool wall stuck under his toe nail. We had to go up to the hospital to get it out from under the nail. There was ALOT of chemicals in the water, it made your eyes burn just coming out to the pool. It was an outdoor pool and the chemicals still made your eyes burn.

Night time it was like a whole different hotel. Unfortunately for us we went during firework season so that kept us up during the night. Most of the night there were people out running down the hall, talking loud enough you could hear everything they say, the walls were paper thin basically. You could hear when the elevator was in use and we were half way down the hall from the elevator. During the night we got a visit from a guest who was apparently drunk and thought we were in his room. We put a chair up in front of the door and called the police.

All in all, I'd avoid this hotel if you can.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed February 4, 2009

I normally check reviews before picking a hotel. We had planned on driving further, but I had an injured knee that was getting stiff so we picked the first hotel we found. The other reviews are right on! I asked for a room near the door because of my knee. We were given a room on the 4th floor at the far end of the hallway. I called down to complain that: the TV was broken, there were no bath towels, the room smelled, and the bed frame was broken. The clerk came up, said "oh the TV is still broke". We asked for a room closer to the elevator and were told there were none available; there were less then 10 cars in the parking lot. We were offered the room across the hall. The TV did work, but the room still smelled and there were mystery stains on the curtains. We checked out.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed October 16, 2008

After reading all these reviews, I'm laughing because they are all true! Complete dump, unacceptable conditions exist throughout the property. The "Days Inn" sign being dim should have been our first clue. Filthy carpet, complete and utter rundown appearance and non-existent staff all add up to a completely miserable experience. And, oh yeah, there were bugs...

• Stayed: October 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)