“Better than expected for $40”

Super 8 Terre Haute
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Terre Haute
Rapid City, South Dakota
“Better than expected for $40”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

It was the last non-smoking room available in Terre Haute and at only $40, I was skeptical. Although the flooring in the bathroom could use replacement and the hallways were not so fresh, the room was clean, there were plenty of towels and good pillows, and the mattresses were comfortable and appeared to be fairly new. The staff were friendly and the room was quiet. Better than most basic hotels and a decent value at only $40 per night.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank JulieSmoragiewicz
Mendy T, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Terre Haute, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to respond to our survey. I am glad to hear that your stay with us was enjoyable. Our number one goal, here at the Super 8, is to ensure that each and every guest have a pleasant stay. We look forward to seeing you again and hope that we will be able to accomodate you in the future.

Mendy T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Lindsay
Reviewed November 9, 2013

. Not much of a review as we found that particular hotel lacking in a lot of ways. It is not as welcoming as the competition and we are considering looking into joining other reward programs as an alternative.
Another thing is the fact that you ceased to publish the guide you had showing all your hotel/motel locations and a little about the area. They were extremely helpful. I trust that you can have your staff check out your hotels and make some changes (without them knowing that you are coming) to see exactly what the general public sees when they pay good money to stay there. This goes for a lot of your motels now.
They started out especially good and are declining year by year.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

FDM13, General Manager at Super 8 Terre Haute, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you for letting us know how your stay with us was at the Super 8 Terre Haute. All of us here are dedicated to serving our Guests. I apologize that our staff did not give you a warm welcome as we strive to exceed all of our Guests' needs and demonstrate top-notch hospitality. We will certainly address your comments in training our staff so that we can correct any short-comings. Thank you for staying with us, and I hope we will have the opportunity to serve you again.

Travelers are raving about these Terre Haute hotels

Woodbury, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I can usually count on Super 8 Motels to be inexpensive and nice. This was no exception. I had a very nice room. The room was updated and modern. Had a microwave, refrigerator and a safe. Bed was comfortable. TV has good choice of stations. Price was very good. I did book ahead which may be why the price was better than the second place I stayed for a not so new room with lights not working, and poor breakfast selection.

The only negatives I could say were minor. I booked an accessible room for the hand held shower. When I checked in the desk clerk asked which floor I wanted to be on and when I told her I wanted an accessible room she went ahead and gave me that type on the first floor. If I booked that type of room why not just give me that type or ask.
I was not aware I would be charged for the safe which I did not need. Would have been nice to at least been told.

Overall the room was great for the price and the breakfast was nice and on pare with standard hotel fair. Could have made waffle, yogurt available and cereal choices.

Room Tip: I like accessible rooms for the hand held shower head.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
FDM13, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Terre Haute, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to participate in our survey. Our number one goal here at the super 8 is to ensure that each and every guest have an enjoyable stay. I am glad to hear your stay was comfortable. We look forward to serving your accomodation need in the future. Thank you for being a valued guest.

Mendy