“needed bigger pillows room was clean lobby needed to...”

Super 8 Terre Haute
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Terre Haute

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
North York
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We stayed overnight April 10th and it was a good value. Easy to get to and lots of restaurants around. Hotel and room were clean but shabby. The beds comfortable but the pillows too small. The smoke detector was hanging from the ceiling. The breakfast was just adequate. However, it was a good place to stay for an overnighter. The desk staff very friendly.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
FDM13, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Terre Haute, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
I want to personally thank you for taking time out of your schedule to let us know about your stay. I was glad to hear that you found most everything here at the Super 8 to your liking. the issues you mentioned have been addressed. Look forward to seeing you again. We are clean and friendly. Our number one goal is to ensure that each and every guest have a pleasant stay!
WAUWATOSA
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Very mixed experience. Upon check-in the price was the same as my reservation on the print out. When I checked out the price was over $8 higher which I did not realize until I got down the road about an hour. I was charged $1.61 a day for a safe I did not use. I was not told about this charge or was it written anywhere other than on the reservation that there "may" be additional charges for safe and phone calls. I didn't make any calls and wasn't charged, I don't think I should have been charged for a safe I didn't use either. Additionally, they accept no responsibility for items put into the safe. When we entered our room, there were crumbs on the floor, as well as a candy wrapper and a hair tie (in the middle of the floor). There were no toiletries. The floor was not cleaned very well the next day either and the hair tie remained. Used washcloths were removed but not replaced. On the weekend, the room was well cleaned and toiletries were placed in the room. The refridgerator froze everything. I kept turning it down every day and by the 3rd day realized the dial wasn't connected to anything, just stuck in the hole. The hotel was fully occupied by this time, so I made do. The heat and AC were hit and miss. I requested a room near an exit (because of having a dog and needing to go out very early in the morning) which we did get. The noise from the trucks on the Interstate was easily heard in our room on the back side of the hotel as were noises in the hallway. The staff was very friendly and Jarod the front desk night person was super! Apparently, there was a fire in one of the rooms in Feb. When we arrived, it was obvious there was smoke damage as it could be seen around the boarded up window. While we were there, a new piece of plywood was placed over the window on the outside and painted to match the building, so I guess there is no plan to repair the room in the near future. This is a non-smoking hotel but there seems to be guests still smoking in the rooms. There are a few grassy areas to accommodate the dogs which are allowed to stay there. As there was a dog show a mile from the hotel during our stay there were many dogs at the hotel. I never heard any barking inside the hotel and the owners picked up after their dogs outside. We did not partake in the breakfast offerings. It was a plus to have 24 hour coffee, tea, and hot chocolate available in the lobby. The rooms have a one cup coffee maker. We would consider staying here again and hopefully some of the housekeeping issues can be addressed for more consistency and better training as well as some maintenance issues like a properly working refridgerator. The Wi-Fi was slow, even when there were only a few guests in the hotel. There are not enough outlets to accommodate todays electronics. I had to unplug either the light or the coffee pot to use my computer and charge my phone at the bathroom sink, a minor issue but hopefully if they ever remodel they will consider putting in desk height outlets.

Room Tip: Even number rooms are away from Interstate traffic
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
FDM13, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Terre Haute, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
I want to personally thank you for taking time out of your schedule to let us know about your stay. I do apologize that you had a less than enjoyable stay. The issues you have mentioned have all been addressed with the housekeeping staff. Our number one goal is to ensure that each and every guest have a pleasant stay!
Reviewed April 20, 2013

this motel is my life saver..staff is super friendly amd very helpful...i love that it isnt to close to high cause of my daughter..i love it here..the staff is very helpful and knowledgeable bout attraction and great places to eat

• Stayed April 2013
I want to personally thank you for taking time out of your schedule to let us know about your stay. I was glad to hear that you found everything here at the Super 8 to your liking. Look forward to seeing you again. We are clean and friendly. Our number one goal is to ensure that each and every guest have a pleasant stay!
Embden, ME
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel while we were driving cross country with our 3-year old and dog. What a scary, gross hotel! We arrived to the front desk lady outside smoking a cig. I requested a 1st level room and we were put on the 2nd level. Upon arriving in the room, there was a dirty towel under the desk, the fixtures on the toilet and shower were falling off and there were hounds out back barking. My husband stepped outside to move the car and find out why these dogs were tied up outside. He had to pass two barefoot people in the stairwell smoking a crack pipe (really - not kidding). He asked the front desk guy about the dogs and he said there were guys out in the riverbed hunting coons (near the hotel and freeway - what!?)

We didn't even bother to eat the free breakfast because we were worried about the sanitation of the food items. What was funny is, when I went to check-out, they never asked how my stay was, though there was a staff meeting going on in the lobby about how to clean the air vents. Really, this place is gross, scary and I felt unsafe with my young son and family there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
FDM13, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Terre Haute, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
I want to personally thank you for taking time out of your schedule to let us know about your stay. I was saddened to hear that your stay with us not enjoyable. I want to apologize that you did not have a more enjoyable stay. Unfortnately, during your stay there was a national coon hunt dog show going on at the fairgrounds located a hour away from the motel.The fixtures that you metioned that were falling off the toilet and shower have been fixed. I again apologize that you felt the place was scary and unsafe. Our number one goal is to ensure that each and every guest have a pleasant stay!

Travelers are raving about these Terre Haute hotels

Terre Haute
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I wasn't there except early morning for breakfast whick I enjoyed. And later on that night to sleep. It was very quiet at night even though the hotel was booked. Enjoyed my stay and would stay there again. The only bad thing was the road leading to the hotel isn't in good condition but it's not their fault. It's the end that gos into the other road so it's not their property.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

I want to personally thank you for taking time out of your schedule to let us know about your stay. I was glad to hear that you found everything here at the Super 8 to your liking. We will be contacting the city road crew about addressing the terrible road condtion to the entrance of the motel that you metioned.Look forward to seeing you again. We are clean and friendly. Our number one goal is to ensure that each and every guest have a pleasant stay!