“lovely place”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by the young man at our hotel and we were glad we took his advice. They claim everything is made to order, so for pasta you can choose which variety you want and which sauce you want on it. Apparently you can also ask for half orders although I didn't hear this mentioned until after my meal. You can have chicken or veal prepared several different ways and it seems they also do special requests. They also have pizza on the menu. The portions are large, my lasagna was delicious. Instead of the usual Italian bread they served a seasoned flat bread warm from the oven with olive oil/balsamic dipping sauce. A young woman who I assumed was one of the owner/chefs was out and about helping and discussing recommendations. She seemed very congenial and enthusiastic about the food and its preparations. If we pass this way again Pino's will definitely be on our itinerary.

1  Thank eurekajudy

Reviewed February 26, 2013

A group of my friends who gets together once a month always plans an out of town shopping and dining evening each December. We chose Pino's for our annual Christmas dinner together, calling a week ahead for reservations. There were six in our group with 2 or 3 of us who had dined here previously a few years ago. When we arrived there was another table of 12-15 people and our round table was ready for us. The waiter was nice, but things didn't seem to be going so well in the kitchen as it took forever for him to take our orders. After we had been waiting for about 45 minutes, our salads finally arrived. He had told us he would bring us bread soon after we were seated, we had to remind him to bring our bread. Most of us ordered different entrees, except for two of us who ordered lasagne. It was another 30-45 minute wait before any of us received our entrees, but the chef? (cook) came out and gave us a complimentary order of some pepperoni bread spiral appetizer which was black and burned on the bottom. (We wondered if maybe this was made for the other group of people who were there and since it was burned on the bottom, they gave it to us?) Our entrees finally arrived and all of them were good, but almost 3 hours from being seated to finishing our meal was way too long for our group. I doubt that any of us will be returning in the future due to the amount of time it took and the food was not that great for the wait that it took to be served.

Prices were not unreasonable....wonder why they don't have their menu online OR a website for their restaurant...they might receive more customers if they made themselves more marketable in this day and age of technology! I always check out a restaurant's website as do most people anymore.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Italian food in Terre Haute used to be Pinos. Then Pino died and I was probably spoiled before but I an not a fan as I used to be. The waiters are still excellent but the food is only ok. I would always get mussels as an appetizer and could almost make a meal of them they were so huge. Now I don't order them any more because they are average and don't have the flavor they once had. The last time I was there they had just reopened for some reason and their menu wasn't complete. I will try it again but not right away. I hope they get back to way it used to be

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Pino's is under new management, again. And thankfully so! We had been to Pino's prior to the most recent new management...and were not pleased at all. We went back hoping things would be better. They were! Great food. Wonderful atmosphere. Wonderful service. I'm vegan and they offered several meals I could eat. We will be back! Very pleased.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

We were directed to this restaurant by the front desk at our hotel. We should have known better than to eat there when we walked in and there was only one other table occupied. But it was 7 pm on a Thurs. so we didn't expect it to be busy. We ordered a shrimp appetizer, the one we asked for, they were out of, so we ordered the breaded shrimp. They were large but tasteless. The waiter asked how they were, we said not good but it was like he didn't even hear us (or ignored the comment). The salad was good. Fresh with a mix of green, tomato, and olives. We each ordered a pasta dish. They were both lukewarm, runny, and bland.(Again, when asked, we told the waiter that they were only fair, but he smiled and said he would bring us more water). Mine was suppose to have priscutto, mushrooms, onion, black olives. Those were hard to find. The breadsticks were homemade but again some were burnt on the bottom and the others kind of bland. I do NOT reccomend this restaurant! We wanted a local place but would have done better at one of the chains....