“Excellent Staff”

Hilton Garden Inn Terre Haute
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Terre Haute
Reviewed March 9, 2011

Comfortable beds. Quiet room. Very clean. Nice restaurant. Very friendly and professional staff, including front desk, bartender, and housekeeping (thank you so much for finding my earrings left behind and mailing them to me.) Perfect downtown location - so glad we ventured downtown instead of stopping along interstate. Be sure to visit Clabbergirl museum a block over - very interesting and takes no time at all.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 7, 2011

We held a four day training event at the HGI in Terre Haute, IN last week. The facilities were exactly what we needed and the service provided by the staff was just outstanding. I've conducted many such training events over the years and very few locations compare to HGI - Terre Haute. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 25, 2011

During a recent stay at your Terre Haute Hilton (02/14 – 18/2011), I was fortunate to be able to have conversations with Hilton employee Dan Ellrich. I am compelled to comment briefly regarding Dan’s remarkable professionalism, hospitality and extremely helpful and accommodating personality and work ethic.

The Hilton has been blessed with Dan as an employee and I hope that you will take the time to recognize his favorable qualities and efforts which unfortunately in this day and age, seem to be the exception instead of the rule. Again, a job well done by Dan that greatly contributed to my wonderful experience at the Hilton.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 3, 2011

Great Service. Everybody was pleasant to work with. Hotel room is very clean. Food was excellent. The sales director has a good knowledge of the hotel and it services and very helpful in planning the event for our team.

Reviewed January 26, 2011

The rooms are spacious and well-kept. It's all very clean. And I adored the bed! The hotel chain claims their beds are the best, and it might be true. I didn't wake up once when my husband shifted in the course of the night, and the support was nearly perfect.

When it comes to extra amenities, though, the hotel is lacking for all that it tries desperately hard. For instance, there's a pool and "spa" (by which they mean "hot tub", not "place you can get a massage or mani-pedi"). The pool certainly isn't long enough for laps, nor deep enough to even tread water! And, I was hugely disappointed to find that the hot tub is currently broken. No, I don't know when it's going to be fixed. Probably after we've left.

And on the topic of hot water, we come to the coldest shower I've ever taken (except, possibly, for that one summer at university where the administration didn't turn on the water heaters in the dorms because it was 90-odd degrees outside and they were being frugal). Let me tell you, the middle of January in Indiana isn't the time to start experimenting with cold showers. I gave up on it early and bought leave-in conditioner at the drug store. When I asked at the front desk if there were a trick to getting hot water in the showers, the reply was along the lines of "It's your own fault for taking a shower at the same time as everyone else." They can't afford a large enough hot water heater for the entire hotel? Seriously?

In summation: While in many ways this is a gorgeous hotel, it's also a bit lacking in details. The bed and the cleanliness, however, make up for all of that.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 21, 2011

Our retreat was a huge success!! When reading PR about a hotel one often wonders if these are truly reviews written by individuals, well this one is. Our needs and wants were met with smiles and generous attitudes focused on pleasing us as their guests. The hotel was comfortable, the rooms were clean, and every request was answered without hesitation and as I said with a smile. The hotel location is really very convenient to major highways and is situated in an ideal place in the town. When dealing with Tonya she will go above and beyond in making sure all plans are carried out exactly as asked for, as I said in my heading Tonya, secret weapon for the Hilton. She is truly a valued employee for the hotel, and she spearheads a great staff as well!! GOOD JOB!!

1  Thank Trisha96
Reviewed January 17, 2011

If every town had a Hilton Garden Inn.......I'm wishing. Even if it was not a Hilton Garden Inn, but was as clean and comfortable as this one is in Terre Haute, IN, and was staffed with people as nice, courteous and efficient as the people here in Terre Haute Garden Inn, my job would be pure heaven.
I was a guest there for about two weeks, on business working with the local fire departments. I was treated very well. The sales manager went out of her way to accommodate me, as well as the desk staff and housekeeping. One young man even went outside in the freezing cold and swept snow off the hood of my car with his coat sleeve because I did not bring a scraper! Super nice people!
If I could choose where I would stay each week and logistics would cooperate, I would most definitely choose the Hilton Garden Inn in Terre Haute.