“Great place to stay in Terre Haute and a prime location for dining”

SpringHill Suites Terre Haute
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Terre Haute
Reviewed August 17, 2010

I've stayed at this hotel several times, most recently for 3 weeks (on and off) during June. I've always found the rooms to be very clean, breakfast is above average too. The fitness center is pretty weak, with just a treadmill and a stairclimber. The hotel can be a little bit hard to find because it is located in the back of a parking lot, behind the Holiday Inn. Otherwise, the location is great with every major chain restaurant within a mile or two. The hotel is also right off I-70.

Recently I've always stayed in their "jacuzzi suites" due to my Marriott status, which I highly recommend if you can pull it. They are very nice, large rooms for a decent price for a jacuzzi room. I've found the staff here to be consistenly friendly and helpful. No cleanliness issues here.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank bretts11
mhummel, Manager at SpringHill Suites Terre Haute, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2011

Once again, thank you for choosing the SpringHill Suites Terre Haute; we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed March 27, 2010

The location was not very pretty..just in a large parking lot behind an older building where they have their restaurant. There is no room service!! They want you to walk into their restaraunt, which was not convenient for us because we are travelling with two small children. Snacks were available though in the lobby at no charge.
They couldn't recommend a place to order out from so we gave up and ordered from dominoes. It was quiet after about 10pm. A word of advice, don't get a room facing the road because you can hear trucks passing by all night long.
The furniture in our suite was showing some wear but was clean. Beds were more comfortable than other places we've been. Service was not spectacular, and not real friendly. It served it's purpose.
Overall, it was OK.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank 6naygrl

Thank you for taking time to share your comments about your stay with us at the SpringHill Suites Terre Haute. Our staff takes great pride in providing outstanding customer service and helping to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. Comments from our valued guests are the most important tool of reinforcement that the staffs' efforts are noticed and appreciated. We also take great care in learning from comments and using them to improve our skills.

Reviewed February 10, 2010

We stay at this hotel frequestly as our daughter goes to college in Terre Haute, I have to say we've never been disappointed with our room or service. The only downside is the blower fan on the heater/AC never turns off so it's all or nothing and is slightly loud while trying to sleep. Breakfast is good, well stocked.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed January 30, 2010

A "special" friend of mine from NY came to visit, and regardless of being a Marriott Rewards member, I knew this was the best hotel in Terre Haute, so I reserved the room here. I wasn't disappointed. Spacious room, whirlpool tub, inviting living area, this place has it. If you want a full-on kitchenette, look for a hotel that includes it; otherwise, stay here. Sure, it's a bit pricey, but you get what you pay for.

2 enthusiastic thumbs up!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
aisbell, Manager at SpringHill Suites Terre Haute, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2010

I would like to take the time to thank you for your comments about our hotel and its operations. Our staff takes pride in providing exceptional customer service for our guests. It is our goal to offer a positive experience for everyone staying at our hotel. I am overjoyed when I get to hear that our guests had a pleasurable stay with us.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to complete a survey. We look forward to serving you in the future and have a wonderful day!

Reviewed September 9, 2009

The Springhill Suites in Terre Haute, IN had large comfortable and clean rooms! The size of the rooms allowed myself and my two children to enjoy a several day stay without feeling like we were on top of each other the entire stay! The staff at the front desk was friendly and helpful giving me directions and dining recommendations. They also have a well stocked store for snacks and pop. The breakfast in the morning was also very nice! They had enough items so we could have waffles on day and then a lighter breakfast fare the next day!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 24, 2009

What a great surprise to find in Terre Haute! I just stayed here for three days and was very impressed with how clean the hotel was and the great service I received from the staff. I had a very comfortable and quiet two room suite that included a great breakfast each morning. This hotel has the best location - right off I-70 and across from the mall. Be sure to enjoy dinner at the Apple Club located in the Holiday Inn which is in front of the Springhill Suites - the food is AWESOME!! If you are staying in Terre Haute you need to select the Springhill Suites - you will have a great stay plus you will get your Marriott Rewards points!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed August 14, 2009

I visited Terre Haute for business and stayed for one night in the Springhill Suites. The hotel delivers on every level. It is clean, they serve a hot breakfast, very comfortable beds, mini-fridge in room, and they even have a happy hour!

Clean - room and halls were clean and well maintained. I did not use the pool or exercise room, so cannot comment on those.

Breakfast - they serve a hot breakfast including eggs, sausage, bacon, cereal, waffle maker, toast, juices and coffee. I may have left something off, but it was great to wake up and eat a big meal before heading out.

Room - very comfortable bed. Also had a mini-fridge, which I always use to keep my water/soda cold. Had a desk and a sofa, which were both very comfortable to use while working from my room. Bathroom was a good size and had clean towels and basic toiletries.

Happy Hour!! - On the night I was there, they had a happy hour that I beleive ran from 5 to 7pm. They had several bottom shelf liquors and red and white wines available for no charge. The also had a table with pretzels, chips and salsa. I took advantage and had several drinks (vodka straight up) before heading out to dinner. This was a great and unexpected find!

There are plenty of restaurants and stores around the hotel within a 1/2 mile radius. It is right off the Interstate, but you cannot hear it from your room. I think it is a fantastic place to stay if you are there for business or to visit people. I did not see too many touristy thinks, so not sure if it is a place I would go to for a vacation, but that is not the hotel's fault.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
aisbell, Hotel Manager at SpringHill Suites Terre Haute, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2009

Once again, thank you for taking the time to complete a survey. We look forward to serving you in the future!

Amy Isbell