“Beds are double matress size.”

SpringHill Suites Terre Haute
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Terre Haute
Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

Our typical hotel of choice when in Terre Haute was having some maintenance done on it's pool, so thought we would stay here for the week. While I knew the beds were listed as double and not queen, I forgot the true size difference. While it may not seem like much, those inches each way add up. Just note, if you are expecting typical queen size matresses. For some reason our room, while a two double bed room, only had three towels. Went down to ask front desk for an extra towel, was told she was out at the front desk and for me to find a housekeeping staff member on my floor and ask them. While I am not expecting Ritz Carlton levels of service, I would if thought more help would of been possible. It's not it was busy at the desk in the morning. Issues with heater unit during the night, had us checking out four days early and going back to our usual hotel. Front desk didn't seem to care we were checking out and going somewhere else. As always, with reviews - your experience will/can differ!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed November 25, 2013

A large room for families. We chose the double double. 2 double beds, a pull out sofa, an arm chair, mini fridge, microwave, coffee pot, kitchenette Area, desk, free wifi, blow dryer, separate sink area, bathroom, 2 closets, alarm clock, and free breakfast. The pool was a great temperature and the hot tub was HOT! I couldn't get the jets to work hard. The mirrors were very dirty. The one by the sink and the full length one in between the sink and bathroom were covered in all kinds of gunk. Yuck. Other than that everything was clean. A good pick for a good price when passing through.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We have stayed overnight here numerous times this Fall for my son's football games. The staff is very pleasant and it is clean. The breakfast is great. We also stayed at Fairfield Inn in Middleton, WI and the rooms here are much larger. IDK if that is the same with across the board w/both chains. But at this location I think the suite rooms are very large w/a nice sitting area w/bar, refrigerator, desk, sofa & chair.
I didn't know about a happy hour, but we usually arrive late and check in the morning. We did come back one evening with some family members and enjoyed watching a college game in the lobby and had the place to ourselves. It was nice to have a place to visit with them.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 17, 2013

3 story hotel with indoor pool and fitness center just off I-70 and US 41. Very convenient to shopping and many restaurants. They had a Marriott Gold award displayed from a previous year and a Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence for 2013. All staff members from front desk to housekeepers were happy and engaged with the guests. Hotel has an evening manager's reception with alcoholic beverages and snacks. Well appointed breakfast bar with scrambled eggs, sausage and oatmeal. Rooms were clean and beds comfortable. This Springhill has not had the latest interior upgrade but everything in my room was functional and in good condition. The housekeepers working on my floor looked me in the eye, smiled and wished me a good day as I exited my room in the morning. There are other hotels where the housekeeping staff seem to go out of their way to avoid eye contact or to speak to you. I would recommend this hotel for its spacious suites and top notch service.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south end of the building are farther away from I-70.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I stayed recently during covered bridge festival with my family. The room was adequate but the sofabed was horrible whether you where just sitting on or sleeping on it, the whole thing needs to be replaced. When made into a bed the bottom slanted downwards (had to use pillows for you feet. Breakfast was so-so with tasteless sausages & scrambled eggs. Forget relaxing in the hot tub with little kids coming in & out, plus it would not stay on for more than 5 min. at a time. For $159.00 plus tax - I will stay somewhere else next year.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stay here once a year when we go to the Covered Bridge Festival. This is one of the closer hotels to the festival which is held every October at various towns across Indiana. It is a girls weekend of craft shopping and having a good time. The hotel has an indoor pool, complimentary light breakfast, and friendly, helpful staff.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Rosemary83
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I stayed here for a high school reunion. The rooms were very clean and well kept. The staff was very friendly, if a little inexperienced, and always willing to accommodate. Breakfast was a little suspect, but for what we paid I have no complaints. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends