“visiting son in college”

SpringHill Suites Terre Haute
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Terre Haute
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We have stayed overnight here numerous times this Fall for my son's football games. The staff is very pleasant and it is clean. The breakfast is great. We also stayed at Fairfield Inn in Middleton, WI and the rooms here are much larger. IDK if that is the same with across the board w/both chains. But at this location I think the suite rooms are very large w/a nice sitting area w/bar, refrigerator, desk, sofa & chair.
I didn't know about a happy hour, but we usually arrive late and check in the morning. We did come back one evening with some family members and enjoyed watching a college game in the lobby and had the place to ourselves. It was nice to have a place to visit with them.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed November 17, 2013

3 story hotel with indoor pool and fitness center just off I-70 and US 41. Very convenient to shopping and many restaurants. They had a Marriott Gold award displayed from a previous year and a Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence for 2013. All staff members from front desk to housekeepers were happy and engaged with the guests. Hotel has an evening manager's reception with alcoholic beverages and snacks. Well appointed breakfast bar with scrambled eggs, sausage and oatmeal. Rooms were clean and beds comfortable. This Springhill has not had the latest interior upgrade but everything in my room was functional and in good condition. The housekeepers working on my floor looked me in the eye, smiled and wished me a good day as I exited my room in the morning. There are other hotels where the housekeeping staff seem to go out of their way to avoid eye contact or to speak to you. I would recommend this hotel for its spacious suites and top notch service.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south end of the building are farther away from I-70.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I stayed recently during covered bridge festival with my family. The room was adequate but the sofabed was horrible whether you where just sitting on or sleeping on it, the whole thing needs to be replaced. When made into a bed the bottom slanted downwards (had to use pillows for you feet. Breakfast was so-so with tasteless sausages & scrambled eggs. Forget relaxing in the hot tub with little kids coming in & out, plus it would not stay on for more than 5 min. at a time. For $159.00 plus tax - I will stay somewhere else next year.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stay here once a year when we go to the Covered Bridge Festival. This is one of the closer hotels to the festival which is held every October at various towns across Indiana. It is a girls weekend of craft shopping and having a good time. The hotel has an indoor pool, complimentary light breakfast, and friendly, helpful staff.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Rosemary83
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I stayed here for a high school reunion. The rooms were very clean and well kept. The staff was very friendly, if a little inexperienced, and always willing to accommodate. Breakfast was a little suspect, but for what we paid I have no complaints. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We were on our way to Chicago for a visit with our son from Florida. After being in the car for more then 14 hours with breaks every two or three hours, our 6 month old grand child had had enough of riding for the day. So we pulled into the first hotel we saw and our daughter went in to found out if they had a room with right size beds for just one night. The young lady (Nicole) was very helpful. She was able to get us into the room in less then 15 minutes, so our grand child was happy to not being in the car seat anymore. The room was very clean and spacious, if we are every in Terre Haute, IN again we will stay here. The place is close to lots of places to eat and is right off the interstate.

Room Tip: room had two double beds and a pull out sleeper sofa was on the back side and it was quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on extended stays 2 times now. The staff are very friendly and there is an included breakfast and happy hour everyday. The location is excellent and there is plenty of parking. The rooms are modern and spacious with a separate lounging area along with a refrigerator and bar area. This is a quiet area with plenty of restaurants and shopping areas within walking distance.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business