“Great, clean stay”

SpringHill Suites Terre Haute
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Terre Haute
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I stayed here for a high school reunion. The rooms were very clean and well kept. The staff was very friendly, if a little inexperienced, and always willing to accommodate. Breakfast was a little suspect, but for what we paid I have no complaints. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We were on our way to Chicago for a visit with our son from Florida. After being in the car for more then 14 hours with breaks every two or three hours, our 6 month old grand child had had enough of riding for the day. So we pulled into the first hotel we saw and our daughter went in to found out if they had a room with right size beds for just one night. The young lady (Nicole) was very helpful. She was able to get us into the room in less then 15 minutes, so our grand child was happy to not being in the car seat anymore. The room was very clean and spacious, if we are every in Terre Haute, IN again we will stay here. The place is close to lots of places to eat and is right off the interstate.

Room Tip: room had two double beds and a pull out sleeper sofa was on the back side and it was quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on extended stays 2 times now. The staff are very friendly and there is an included breakfast and happy hour everyday. The location is excellent and there is plenty of parking. The rooms are modern and spacious with a separate lounging area along with a refrigerator and bar area. This is a quiet area with plenty of restaurants and shopping areas within walking distance.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ColoradoTraveler2go
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I stayed with my family as we were passing through. Linda gave us a very friendly greeting when we arrived around midnight. Arriving as late as we did it was great to find they had setup the crib and sofa sleeper ahead of our arrival. The room was very clean and check out the next morning was a breeze. After driving for 15 hours Springhill Suites was a great end to a rough day of travel!

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Very nice appearance but for the price we didn't expect to find the problems we had. Convenient location off the interstate. Pleasant greeting from the front desk. Given my choice of which floor we wanted our room on. Room was clean and seemed very satisfactory.
When I went to put some items in the fridge the door was open. I figured it needed to be turned on, but it already was on but not cold since the door was open.
When I went to get the ice bucket I found a used liner with several inches of water in it.
When my husband sat on the chair in the suite it had a definite problem of some sort - made a screeching noise and the seat seemed to collapse.
The drain cap in the bathroom sink was broken.
Now the good stuff - Breakfast was way better than average. Bed and pillows good. Shower very nice. Small kitchen area was asset.
Had they focused on the small stuff I'd have given them an above average rating.

1  Thank Janel D
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Clean and comfortable room with sitting area in addition to king sized bedroom area. Snacks in the lobby and Greek yogurt for breakfast. Desk staff helped us find a lovely, locally owned Italian restaurant nearby.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

As a Rewards member, I try to stay at Marriott properties when traveling for work/vacation. This property is fairly new as it was not built the last time I traveled to Terre Haute for work. I have stayed here for 2 nights/month for the last several months and have had a pleasant stay every time. Rooms have fridge/microwave and a sitting area, separate from the sleeping area. Staff is great, pool/work-out room available and there is a patio off the pool area. Complimentary wine, beer, soft drinks and snacks are served weeknights and the lobby is comfortable. Two computers and a printer are available in the lobby. Breakfast is the usual, eggs, sausage, oatmeal and assortment of breads. A bit more variety in the breakfast would be appreciated. On my first stay (weeknight) they offered poppyseed bread, which was really good. It has not been offered at breakfast since and when I inquired, I was told it is only served on the weekend; why not let people traveling through the week enjoy this also? Coffee/tea/hot chocolate available all the time. Location is good, across from the mall and not far from Indiana State University. If staying in Terre Haute, this is a good choice.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business