“What a Feast!”

Dining options: Reservations
Youngstown, Ohio
“What a Feast!”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We found the restaurant on Tripadvisor but it did not prepare us for the wonderful feast Jeffrey prepared for us! We had soup, pork, polenta, crab cakes, orange roughy just to name a few of the dishes. Dessert was custard with raspberries topped with warm chocolate ganache! We will be back!

Visited September 2012

Terre Haute, Indiana, United States
“offbeat and great”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

This is an unusually offbeat place, a gourmet restaurant with no sign, high-end food served in a room that looks like a small town diner. Very large portions, always good, but the service is slow--Italian paced.

Visited March 2012
3 Thank smk47807
Carmel, Indiana
“Amazing food!”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Probably the most unique(in a good way!) dining experience in my life! I took my Dad and his wife there to celebrate my Dad's birthday. I have not lived in Terre Haute for many years, and I was just looking for "something different". I found something different, for sure. This is a one person restaurant. The owner does it all! There is not even a sign on the building....when his outside light is on, that means the restaurant is open. I had called a few days before to make sure he would be there. When we walked in, the smell was amazing. I was hooked by just the smells alone! Jeffrey asked us if there was anything in particular that we did not like. We said we weren't picky. We started with soup. He had black bean or lentil with kale. The soup was only the beginning of our huge feast! After he brought the soups, which, by the way also had some roast pork and polenta on the side! So good! Then he kept bringing more and more. We were in awe! We had braised salmon. We had fresh vegetable crepes. We had roasted cauliflower. We had crab cakes. We had fresh baked bread with amazing dipping sauce. We had roasted asparagus. We had gnocchi. We had assorted other roasted fresh vegetables. All of this was served on huge platters in a family style kind of way. The food was all fresh and perfectly seasoned and presented. And for dessert he served us homemade cheesecake with fresh blueberries all topped with chocolate ganache! At the end, Jeffery boxed all of the leftover food up for us to take home! All I can say is......when can I return? Plan to spend some time there because it takes awhile for all of this goodness to be prepared! Just amazing food at a very fair price. This was a wonderful place to celebrate my Dad's birthday in style!

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Hespey
Fort Edward, New York
“Wonderful food & great service”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Harry & Bud aren't much for preparing food. Fortunately the proprietor of this unique establishment is. My wife and I spend a lot of time looking for unusual dining experiences and this has to have been one of the best. The reviews in TripAdvisor are what originally convinced us to visit. I called a few days ahead of time & was able to reserve a weekday breakfast/brunch as we were traveling through the area. There was a very wide variety of delicious dishes & the portions were enormous. The quality and seasoning of each dish was excellent. We may have eaten 1/4 of the food that was prepared. Be ready to take a large amount of food home with you! Despite the quality and size of the meal, prices were beyond reasonable. I felt it would have been indecent to not have left a very generous tip.

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank Mike S
Denver
“Go Prepared to Feast!”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Really cool dining experience in Terre Haute.

Make a dinner reservation for your group and the place will be all yours with your own personal chef! We had course after course of amazing trans-European style food. It was all made fresh and by hand by the quirky owner and served in one of the most unique restaurants I have found in my travels.

To find this gem in the States at all is amazing, in Terre Haute it's a miracle.

Go prepared to feast because the portions are uncompromising, and plan to spend some time with your dinner and chatting with your amazing host/chef/server/owner. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited May 2012