“Cedar Grilled Lemon Chicken for gastric bypass”
Review of Applebee's

Applebee's
Ranked #94 of 251 Restaurants in Terre Haute
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 1, 2016

I had Gastric Bypass surgery 7 months prior so needed something with no sugar in it to assure i would not be sick, the waiter Garrett was so wonderful about checking to see and make sure about the sugar content. The meal was AHHHHHMAZING!!! I only ate 1/4 of it as I was full but pleasantly full and not sick at all. The restaurant is small but all staff was kind professional and clean. My husband and I got the 2 for 20 deal and his meal was really good too he got the butchers meat and potatoes. We got salads with it and they came fresh with plenty of dressing

Reviewed August 23, 2016

The lady that greeted me was very polite and friendly, I just told her I wanted to sit at the bar. I did this so I could get a better since of what was going on in the whole restaurant. There were three other people sitting at the bar along with my self. The bar tender waited on me promptly and took my order. I ordered the sirloin steak, baked potato with butter and sour cream and a salad with ranch dressing. I ordered my steak med-well and it came more rare than anything. The baked potato was cooked well but the butter and sour cream came on the side not on the potato. Both the butter and sour cream were warm, melted in the little plastic cups that they came in which I was concerned about because it made me think they had been sitting out for a long time instead of being refrigerated. The salad was the same way, the lettice was room temperature as was the dressing. The bar had a nice big tv at the end but it set so low that the bar tender was always blocking it because that was the end he had to work at. The manager spent most of his time by the bar on his phone texting. Not very professional. This meal I think was over priced.

Reviewed May 21, 2016

Wait staff were ok, friendly but not real attentive. Biggest disappointment was my steak and potato were lukewarm, as well as another's in my family, 2 were pretty good and they were pleased. Also the computer gadget to order or pay was showing our appetizer order on their bill and neither table got it, and it was messed up enough I paid the regular way so it wouldn't mess up my bill. Food was okay when I reheated at home later.

Reviewed May 20, 2016

This Applebee's does not offer the half price appetizers as most of the other ones do during certain hours. The service was decent, but overpriced for what you are getting. They claim fresh food; however, we all know the food is shipped in and then cooked at the restaurant. All Applebee's are pretty much the same, don't expect any difference at this one.

Reviewed May 3, 2016

Our waitress Courtney couldn't have cared less that we were there. It was about 10 minutes before she took our drink order and then only brought 3 of the 4 drinks to the table. When we saw her again we had to ask her for the drink and several minutes later she returned. We waited 20 minutes after that to order. We had one appetizer and it came out in a timely manner, then we didn't see the waitress again. After 30 minutes waiting on food I was getting upset. It would be ok, if they were busy, at this time of day the restaurant wasn't even 1/2 full. I went looking for the manager and he told me he would go check on our food. He was in and out of the kitchen with our played in hand before I sat back down, which means it was a waitress problem, not a kitchen one. She came to the table trying to blame the kitchen!
The manager apologized and said he'd make it right. Our bill was around $60, we got a $5 discount, I didn't feel like that was making it right. And then to top it off the waitress was whining to my husband when she brought the check about how she wasn't going to make much that day. If I'd had anything to say about it, she wouldn't have gotten a tip, she certainly didn't deserve it!
While the food was good, we will not be going back to this restaurant!