“Our experience.”

Reviewed October 13, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank babekateyes

Reviewed October 7, 2013

I stayed at days inn for my one year anniversary.
My husband and I got a "fantasy suite"...the cave room.
it was COMPLETELY over-priced!!!! almost $200 for only one night!
that is absolutely ridiculous in my mind!
once we got to the room it lloks nice when u first walk in but we turned on the air conditioners and u could hear them rumbling loudly from the outside!!!
the only reason we even decided on paying so much is because we had our own "Jacuzzi"
but looking at it, its more like a bathtub with jets.!
I turned on the faucet to fill up the tub for a nice long soak.... but the faucet is so small it takes over AN HOUR AND A HALF for the tub to fill up! my husband and I had to resort to FILLING ONE OF THE LITTLE TRASH CANS UP WITH WATER AND KEEP DUMPING IT IN TO SPEED UP THE PROCESS!!!!!!!!! and if that isn't bad enough, when I turned on the jets they must have had old moldy water left in them because it reaked of mold!!!!!! smelled like sewer water!!! it was gross!!!! so of course we had to REDO the process over again!!!!
went to the bathroom and there were cigarette burnes on the toilet seat and I dried bug I had to pick off with my nail.... YUCK!!!
it took the management THREE HOURS to get us extra towels. they kept making the excuse that it was homecoming weekend for the collage and all the rooms were filled and they were SUPER busy, but there is NO EXCUSE for taking that long to get us a couple fresh towels!!!!
AND WE HAD TO GO GET THEM OURSELVES!!!!!
all in all I paid 200 dollars for a crappy stay!!!

Room Tip: Don't pay for the fantasy suite, its not worth 200 dollars! these people are nuts
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I stayed at this Days Inn recently and upon checking in, was given a room that had a terrible pet odor, as if someone had let their animal pee in a corner of the room and it had sat for a couple of weeks. I immediately let the desk clerk know and she sent down a housekeeper who sprayed the room with Odor Ban and left a room freshener canister. Unfortunately, this did not help.The housekeeper left the spray bottle of Odor Ban and I doused the room 3 or 4 more times and the next morning it was like sleeping next to a litter box. I went to the front desk and the hotel manager immediately moved me to another room and said she would have the carpets cleaned. It helps to talk to the general manager! The next night someone upstairs decided to pour something off the balcony all over my van waking me and the guy upstairs in the process. As I said, sometimes you get what you pay for....

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 4, 2013

It's small, and dreary, and everything in the room is old and poorly functioning. Beds uncomfortable. But it was cheap!! And the receptionist was exceptionally warm and friendly. Kids loved the breakfast waffles.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 27, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I'm usually a little more positive, but calling this place a rat trap might be too unkind to rats.

I admit to two mistakes: not checking Tripadvisor before staying here, and being in too much of a hurry in choosing a place to stay. I'm helping my in-laws move from the Mid-West to the East coast, so we had some budget considerations and an emphatic grand dad that insisted he had stayed here before and liked it. That may be true, but I suspect the memory to be of a positive experience that occurred miles from here.

First they ripped us off at check in - two different people in line ahead of us canceled their stay; one due to being ticked off over either the kind of room available and the other due to a credit card issue. However, we we got to the counter, there were only suites available at a pretty high rate. When I asked about the rooms that had just been canceled the counter guy just shrugged and said these more pricy rooms were all the computer was showing available. And informed that they were "completely sold out", but of course I was being offered rooms. Nice. I should have walked out then.

What gets me even more irritated is that for the rate I paid to say in this entirely deficient insult to the otherwise reputable Days Inn brand (Westin, you really should be ashamed of yourself), is that I paid enough to stay in a quality, clean hotel.

I stayed in room 250 - a "suite". Sure enough it was two rooms, and spacious. And all of it filled with mold. Opening the door the overwhelming smell of the room deodorizer (oxymoron?) was overwhelming. I opened the door and tried the windows - but of course they don't open. I turned on the exhaust fans and the AC / Fans and opened the door wide. After an hour, I could almost stand the stink. One of the AC units had a musty / moldy smell to it that was worse then the deodorizer, so I turned that one off.

I'll skip the typical complaints... The carpet was very stained, the beds apparently left over from Woodstock (and about as dirty), and the furniture looks like they pulled it out of the mud or a municipal dump from a post-Katrina ravaged town. OK, that may be a little bit of a rant, but it is really pretty bad. The hallways and anything that could have a layer of paint need to be replaced / painted / refreshed / updated, or more likely burned for public health concerns.

I managed to get a few hours of "sleep", after removing most of the bed linens, and picking a couple of pillows that looked clean. I did refuse to even put my luggage on one bad after closer inspection. I did not want to take anything out of the luggage, or an extra bag I had. I may quarantine all articles to the garage when i get home for a couple of days, just incase.

So, with all of the fans running, it was hard to hear some things - and that is a pretty good thing last night. Through coughing and hacking all night, I got up for a tissue, and found the carpet a little squishy, and then heard the plink, plink, plink of water dripping from the ceiling. Looking up, it is pretty clear this has been in issue for a long time. the well stained carpet, and multiple repair attempts are well evident. That also explains the stink in the room, the attempts to cover it up with "deodorizer" (which to me is pretty barn-yard like), and the furniture which is showing the signs of wet particle board.

I've never said this about a review before - however, I am suspect of anyone that posts an "excellent" rating of this property. Sometimes you see a posting that clearly is positively biased, but there is nothing excellent about this hotel. I'm getting more rest in the nearby Starbucks, and at least I can breath.

What really made me laugh was the "tip envelope" left by housekeeping. I feel bad for them, but I'm not losing any more money on this once in a lifetime experience. Avoid this hotel.

Room Tip: Anything except the top floor where the roofing appears to be failing. Avoid the front and back side...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends