“Great place for weary travelers”

Days Inn & Suites Terre Haute
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Terre Haute
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We came in quite late and were exhausted. The staff was pleasant and the rooms clean and well taken care of. The bed was comfortable and breakfast the next morning was very nice. I work at a hotel and am, quite picky - very nice job overall. We will be staying there every time
we come through :-)

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Reviewed September 11, 2013

I came to Terre Haute from Lincoln, Il to visit my cousin, and had to stay here because he had no room at his house...The price is right, and the room was great...I got one of the 2 rm suites for a very nice price..(69.99 plus tax) and the room is worth every penny!!!!!!The room had BRAND NEW CARPETING in the room, and two (2) brand new flat screen TV's..( I knew they were brand new cause the tag for the wattage usage was still on the front left side of both tv;s) I also noticed that the hotel was replacing carpets and other things durning my stay,which I was told at check-in that they were in the process of remodeling..I also noticed the moniter on the cabinet and realized this place has security cameras. I asked about this and was assured the cameras were there for the protection of ALL guests, and that the General Manager is a POLICE OFFICER..Which made me feel more COMFORTABLE... This rm also had a very nice fridge and microwave. it also had a coffee maker, WITH COFFEE(yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa) IRON, IRONING BOARD, AND HAIRDRYER( which I didn't use cause I don't have much hair left). The room was clean, was fully stocked, and the staff was very helpful...Ed, the desk clerk was helpful upon my check-in (since I was staying for two (2) days. He explained everything to me. When I asked about the 31.00 rate, he explained this is a weekly rate, for which I believed due to hotels are NOT 31.00/NIGHT THESE DAYS!! (unless you either still live in 1980 something or live on another planet). Prity, the manager was very nice, courteous, and generious at check-out. THE BREAKFAST IS AWWWWWWSOMEEEEEEE.....BISCUITS & SAUSAGE GRAVY...YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.... When I come back next year, I WILL BE MAKING A RESERVATION AT THE DAYS INN....KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don Birdwell...Lincoln, IL.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I was dooped! The pictures that Days Inn provides on their corporate website are of the newly painted exterior. They give the illusion that this is a fresh, new, clean hotel. Far from it! This is the dirties hotel I have EVER been to. Our "suite" was two rooms that had been joined by knocking a hole in the wall to create a doorway. The room was creepy dark due to very poor lighting, of which I completely understand, because if there were full lighting then no one would ever stay. The carpet was filthy, the walls, ceiling, bathrooms, tables, beds, everything was just grimy. They advertise smoke free, but when I went to lay my head on the pillow, the pillows reaked of smoke. This may be what they consider acceptible in other countries, but filth is not acceptible here! Just Plain Bad!!!!

Room Tip: DO NOT stay here!!!
Reviewed September 3, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Worst Days Inn/hotel I've ever stayed at. Carpet was filthy, stuck to my sandals when walking in the room. Dark and dank feeling inside. Smelly food was left in the fridge from prior guest. Outdated television with horrible picture. A/C unit was off when we first walked in, and had been off for some time, leaving the room very musty and hot. The beds were very springy/bouncy like. Woke up every time my wife made a slight movement. The room had 2 full size beds, but only 2 towels and wash cloths. I'm not the type to make a fuss about bad service, but this was BAD! I would be embarrassed to be the owner of this hotel. Someone from Days Inn Headquarters needs to drop by unannounced and see this dump for what it really is. Days Inn lost me for good this time. Never again.

Room Tip: Spend a few extra dollars and stay at a nicer hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family