“Honeymoon Cave”

Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Terre Haute
Terre Haute, Indiana
“Honeymoon Cave”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

My husband and I booked the honeymoon suite months before our wedding. Upon arrival at almost midnight the night of our wedding, we saw we received the cave suite instead. We absolutely LOVED it!!!! The decor was astounding and MUCH better than any humdrum hearts. We will DEFINITELY recommend it to others and might even use it again for ourselves sometime.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DaRcy L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Juneau, Alaska, United States
Reviewed August 27, 2012

You know how some people live conciously? They are fully present in every moment, look you in the eye and seek out opportunities to help others in need, or to bring joy and comfort to perfect strangers. These days, such people are rare, but I recently stayed at the Days Inn, Terre Haute and met one such person. The manager on site, Prita, could have simply sent me on my way but she saw that I was upset and insisted upon understanding my situation. Having just dropped my son off for his first night in his college dorm, I was somewhat emotional to put it mildly. My travel plans had changed because my son, excited to dive into his new environment had eagerly dismissed me to return home to Alaska. The on-line travel agent that had booked my hotel reservations (after hours of phone menus), insisted that I could not be refunded for a night's stay if I left early so I attempted to check out,expecting to just lose the money. I did not request a refund as I checked out, but Prity would not allow this and made sure that I was refunded for the night. AMAZING. I left that day inspired and stopped along the highway to help a woman with a flat tire. I'm still riding Prita's wave and trying to spread the kindness.
But you'd like to know about the facility, right...... My room, bedding, towels, tub/shower were all very clean, Bed was comfy, and all of the amenities (blow dryer, iron, TV, etc..) were in working order. I was most impressed that even though the town of Terre Haute was hosting a Diesel convention, and the parking lot was full of big trucks, still my room was quiet and the atmosphere on the hotel grounds was pleasant rather than rowdy. I couldn't stay for breakfast but as I printed my map from the desktop in the lobby, I overheard the crowd in the dining room raving.

I recommend this hotel for a comfy night's sleep and a shot of inspiration!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Cara C
Baring, MO
Reviewed August 27, 2012

This hotel was gross. The blankets had burn holes in them and sheets had stains. The floor was disgusting and and shower was gross. I wore my flip flops the whole time and we luckily had extra blankets we brought to use along with our own pillows. The room was supposedly non smoking, but given the smell and burn holes along with burns in other spots in the room, I beg to differ. Also, I noticed that a bottle of my expensive body oil (a bath product!) was missing after we got back from being out all day. After searching the room and our bags personally, I was still unable to find it. I reported to the front desk and spoke to the manager. She stated that they wanted to send maintenance to look through the room. For the past 2 days, they had "everyone" tear the room apart and "asked the housekeeper" if she remembered seeing this bottle of bath oil. Of course nobody remembered seeing it. It's the overall principle in the end that I was told that they were sure nobody in their staff could have taken it and that I could file a police report if it was that important. I was also repeatedly told that it was not their responsibility if any of my items were lost or stolen. I'm sorry, but if the only people in my room other than the people paying to stay in it were hotel employees, then is it not the hotel's responsibility for their staff taking customer's items?!?!? I obviously cannot prove who took it, but with process of elimination, it had to have been someone in the hotel staff. The manager (Purdy) let me know that there was nothing they could do to help me and that they supply safes in each room so that the customer could keep any valuables in it. I guess if I had realized that someone were going to take my bath products, I would have put them up!!! NEVER will we stay at this hotel again and we would not recommend it to anyone! If you do stay here, be sure to have flip flops to wear on the nasty floors and in the showers, bring your own blankets and pillows due to filth and stinch, eat out due to a not so good complimentary breakfast, unhelpful staff, you'll overpay and don't forget to pack all your stuff up every day and basically lock it in your vehicle. You never know what type of product may come up missing that you may not have realized you needed to put it in your safe, like your shampoo and conditioner! I thought I would share our crap experience at this hotel with others so that maybe they can beware of this hotel!

Room Tip: Not choosing this hotel would be your best bet.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank SherriBaring

Travelers are raving about these Terre Haute hotels

Beaufort, South Carolina
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Checked into the Days Inn on a Wednesday around 4:30. Upon arrival, I asked for a non-smoking room as I am very allergic to cigerette smoke. The first room obviously smelled like an ash tray. I went back to the front desk and they gave me keys to try another one. Upon entering, it smelled very strong of some sort of cleaning product. Ok, well, that's fine. I can live with that. The tub was all chipped up but the room looked at least clean. I went to sleep that night and woke up with what I thought was a "rash." I thought I was having an allergic reaction to something. I couldn't figure it out. The second night, I was falling asleep and felt like I was being bitten. I jumped up and saw these very tiny bugs and I grabbed my stuff and left. I never went back! Gross hotel, nasty breakfast for which I would not eat, and bugs! I have quarenteened my stuff that went to that hotel to make sure those things do not get into my house! Horrible experience!

Room Tip: Do not choose this hotel! Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank perkyjenna
Clawson, Michigan
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I was traveling with pets so every room I stayed in smelled like carpet cleaner. The hotel staff was friendly, all the people I ran ran into staying there were friendly. It had a good atmosphere. While this would still be called kind of a dive hotel, it was clean and comfy and a good place to stay the night or the weekend. The room I had was big, obviously 2 rooms made into one since there were 2 bathrooms. The breakfast didn't have any fruit, that's about the only bad thing I can say. It was my third Days Inn, all of them had waffle makers, coffee and most had apples and bananas *L*. This did have a small work out room, which I did not get the chance to use. Except for when people were taking luggage up and down the stairs outside my window, the place was quiet, which was a nice change from the last Days Inn I was at. Also walking distance to several places to eat. I tried steak and shake for the first time.

Room Tip: If you can, get a room away from the stairs. There are several places to eat in walking distance.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Dethinwntr
Springdale, Arkansas
Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

We needed a room for the night and this fit the bill. Yes, it only had 2 towels in a double queen room, who cares? The room was clean. The beds were fine. The bathroom worked and was clean. The room had obviously been a smoking room before, but it wasn't gross or anything. The breakfast had cereal, but also biscuits & gravy & a waffle maker. No fruit, but whatever. It was fine for the price. I understand dirty is dirty & yuky is yuky, but complaining about a decades old smoke smell or two towels instead of four... com'on. If you want perfect, pay for a better hotel or stay home. This is a Days Inn for goodness sake, not the Hilton.

• Stayed July 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed July 31, 2012

The room was so gross. Do not take your shoes off when in the room, even in the shower. The room smelled like smoke and mildew. The bed sheets had holes in them and stained. The towels were stained, went to the front desk to ask for non stained towels they had none because they didn't have any clean! The front desk workers were disgusting. This place should not be considered a Days Inn it was so gross. The free breakfast was horrible we ended up eating at McDonald's. Never Again will I stay at a Days Inn.

Room Tip: Do not stay here sleep in your car. Smells, dirty, not friendly!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family