“Nice hotel - I didn't pay for fancy just clean”

Days Inn & Suites Terre Haute
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Terre Haute
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Nice hotel - I didn't pay for fancy just clean”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2011

Wanted a room that was clean with decent TV and internet. Got that - Carpet isn't plush but it was clean. Bathroom clean, bed clean and decent pillows. TV has a decent selection of channels - not home but good for a night. Internet was fine. There was also a fridge and micro in the room - like that too. There were a lot of people outside but personally I feel better when I see people around - it means everyone isn't huddled in their room. Place has decent landscaping (city location - they've done pretty well) and a hot tub tucked away in a gazebo. I didn't have to take out a loan to stay and that means a lot now.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank k71094

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Hampton, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

After driving for a 14-hour leg of a cross country trip, I arrived at 10:45 p.m. having chosen this motel from the AAA guide that said it was pet friendly (which it was.) The desk clerk said she only had one room left, the jacuzzi suite but that I could have it at the regular room rate if I didn't use the hot tub. I checked in and went to find the room. The parking lot was packed with a lot of pick-up trucks and lots of guys hanging out in the parking lot. It made me a little nervous for the safety of my teenage niece and myself. We went into the room and as soon as I entered I was disgusted. The carpet was threadbare - shiny and worn through to the backing in places. It had been vacuumed but the fibers were stiff - like a movie theater where the popcorn butter and soda have been soaked in over time. The thought of taking off my shoes grossed me out. I looked around the suite and although the tub and toilet and sink were clean, everything was just plain worn out. There was trim missing in various places around the rooms, and exposed computer cables running down one wall. In the bedroom area there was a 3 ft by 4 ft piece of plywood nailed to the wall and painted over... not sure what that was about. After about 45 minutes I decided that I couldn't even stand to take off my clothes and get into the bed. So I went back out to the front desk to turn in the key and ask for my money back. The clerk reluctantly agreed and said he wanted to see the room. When we went in and I started pointing out all the things so I found so disgusting, he shrugged and said he wasn't looking at that; he just wanted to make sure I left it as I found it so he could rent it out again that night without cleaning it!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Terre Haute hotels

Sedona, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2011

tremendous hospitality and service, best of five nights transcontinental stays from arizona to new hampshire!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chazz9mr
Terre Haute, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2011

First, Priceline had over booked the hotel the first time we stayed here in April. The staff worked to accommodate us and put us in a really nice room. A nicer one, but at the lower cost. They made sure it was on the first floor, since I have a broken wrist. The second time we stayed, the man on duty called our room to make sure we were okay during a horrible storm. This is our third time staying here now. ALL of the staff have been so nice and there was never a problem in helping us with extra towels, pillows, shampoo, or anything we may have needed. Felt like staying with family, the staff was so nice! :D My sons enjoyed making their own waffles for breakfast. There was a nice variety to choose from to eat, too. This hotel has become the ONLY one we will stay in now.~~ Camaron, Davyd and Jody.

Room Tip: Make sure to call in advance for a room.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Berkey, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2011

Unbelievable that Days Inn would allow their name on this place! Absolutely horrible! Do NOT believe the pictures or the 5 "Sunburst: Rating on the site. It's false advertising! This place was like out of a movie. We arrived late at night and we're exhausted, we had reserved ahead online, it seemed like a decent over night stay. We arrived, and it was nothing like it's online advertising. Place was miserable, "jacuzzi" was a home style tub in a gazebo in the front of the parking lot! I got to get my key, speaking to someone not real versed in the english language through bulletproof glass. Reluctant, I went ahead. We take our two young children up stairs that are rotting, we get to our room, and.....(see title). The walls had unfinished plaster work, they patched paint with different colors, the carpet "used" to be green, and the "non smoking room" smelled of cigarettes and over bearing baby powder. I really wanted to leave, but it was very late, the kids were sleeping and my wife convinced me we'd tough it out for the few hours of sleep. Place made my skin crawl, mattresses we're broken down, had to have been 20 years old. Bathroom was a joke, it was so small we had to get in the bathtub to close the door. We paid over $50 and I would have been pissed to pay $20! Still makes my skin crawl! We got the Hell out of there the next morning, not even wanting to see what their breakfast would be like. DO NOT GO HERE! I feel like I was scammed by Days Inn. Never again.

Room Tip: If they pay you, might be a good deal.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Terre Haute, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2011

rooms appeared outdated and not maintained. wanted special night with my love, stayed in "honeymoon suite", had honeymoon suite rates! did not feel clean. ran out of hot water for in room hot tub, requested replacement remote for tv in bedroom, given another remote that did not work. staff was quite friendly and helpful, just did not have much at all to work with.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2011

My daughter had a scholarship interview at Indiana State University. I was low on cash after the holidays so I went ahead and booked early at this hotel.

You REALLY get what you pay for. They said rooms were non-smoking but in the event guests want a smoking room and there are none, front desk personnel will hand them an ash tray and housekeeping will spray the room so the following guests are greeted by a delightful aroma of old smoke and flowers.

The room was clean; it had a good-size refrigerator but an old microwave and TV - they both worked - and the beds were comfortable.

I went to print out our boarding passes for our departing flight and the printer was out of ink. I asked the front desk person if he had some ink and he replied, "Don't think so." and went back to whatever he was doing. I paid for that kind of answer, didn't I?

It was convenient to the school, restaurants and to I-70 but I will not stay there again. Honestly, I am spoiled and would have forfeited my 2nd night's stay to go somewhere else but my daughter, a Frugal Fanny, convinced me it'd be fine for one more night and we'll know for next time.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family