“Not What I Expected”

Panda Garden
Ranked #53 of 232 Restaurants in Terre Haute
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed May 27, 2013

The reviews for this restaurant are admittedly misleading. I was expecting great Chinese food, and ordered General Tso Chicken, a favorite of mine. I try not to judge a book by its cover, but after eating the food, and having subpar service to say the least, I am not surprised this "restaurant" is in a strip mall. Save your money, go somewhere else where the food is better and good service is guaranteed. The place has potential, but if you don't focus on food quality and customer attentiveness, your business is basically worthless.

1  Thank Heath D

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Nice, sit down, linens on tables, seemingly family-owned dinning. A treat to be doted on, made us feel welcomed to the family. The food was fresh and delicious. Great value meal. Conversely, bathrooms were not so great. I know you ask...why mention the bathroom in a restaurant review? Just think about it. But, yes, I would eat here again. They were that nice and this atmosphere is becoming a lost treasure!

1  Thank Tracy R
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I go here just for the crab rangoon. Love it! They always make it fresh and have it out in a short time.

2  Thank rainb0u
Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

This is a perennial favorite in our family. The same family has owned and run this restaurant for 20 years this December. Their egg rolls are my favorite anywhere. They have a VERY frugal lunch special, with entree, egg roll or crab Rangoon and soup for around $6. Lithe vegetables are fresh. My kids love the crab Rangoon and General Tso's Chicken. My husband lives the Empress Chicken. It's all so good, made to order and prepared attractively. Give it a try: it is delicious Chinese.

1  Thank mym2bw
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We were passing through Terre Haute on a Thursday night and wanted Chinese. The restaurant closest to our motel was closed so we tried Panda Garden. When we arrived there were several tables of locals dining in and one waiting for takeout. While we were there others came in and others picked up their dinners. The hot and sour soup was delicious. Our entrees were shrimp and a multi-meat dish with Mala sauce. Both were tasty and nicely prepared. If we lived here we'd be back!