“Very flavorful”

Taj Mahal
Ranked #58 of 232 Restaurants in Terre Haute
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We enjoy Indian food, and this is one of our favorite Indian restaurants (we've tried Indian restaurants in lots of places, from Perth, Australia to Bristol, England.) We usually get take-out, but we've also enjoyed the lunch buffet occasionally, and we've eaten dinner at the restaurant a few times. We like the buffet very much, but take-out gives us the best value for the money since we're able to eat leftovers for another meal or two if I make extra rice.

1  Thank rcTerreHaute

Reviewed October 31, 2012

we lived in India/Nepal for over two years. The items served here are very disappointing. Even the chhai tasted bad.

1  Thank LifeJourney22
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Ever since I was young my parents have been taking me to Indian cuisine restaurants, and I'm to the point where I crave it constantly know. I get take out all the time, and sometimes dine in and the service is always friendly and nice. The food however is the best Indian I've had. You can pick from 6 levels of hotness in each item and it just makes it more personal to how hot I like it. They also add this sauce that I'm not sure exactly what it is to their saag, but in my opinion makes the dish absolutely addictive, unlike any saag I've ever had, it's a must have. You will always have pleasant meal. I couldn't give this place any higher regards!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stumbled on this place when we couldn't find an American place we found in the AAA book. Since we like Indian food, we thought we'd try. It was very good, service friendly, portions a little small, but very adequate. I recommend this place for Indian food that is not mass produced in a buffet (I hate those).

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Since Taj Mahal is the only Indian restaurant in Terre Haute, you might think it would be mediocre. It's not. Taj Mahal is excellent. The lunch buffet is delicious and what you would expect from a high-end Indian restaurant. The owner is Punjabi and his dishes reflect this somewhat. You can't go wrong with the Buffet. The dinner menu is excellent, too. I enjoyed the lamb curry very much. Having spent a month in India eating their cuisine three times a day, I learned an appreciation for the blends of spices. Spice does not mean cayenne, burn your head off. You will be welcomed every time at Taj Mahal. Enjoy!