“A Hampton with a few problems” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Terre Haute

Hampton Inn Terre Haute
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Terre Haute
Waterloo, Ontario
“A Hampton with a few problems”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

From the cheerful greeting at the front desk (this time the clerk actually reached over to shake my hand) to the beeping waffle machine at breakfast time, this place -- the first hotel after you turn off the ramp from eastbound I-70 -- is unmistakably a Hampton Inn.

However, there are a few kinks as well. It's tall for a Hampton, at seven storeys, and it has an unusual and confusing floor plan. The location right by the Interstate makes it a bit difficult to turn left (towards downtown Terre Haute) out of the parking lot -- a nimble U-turn is required. And watch out for the automatic swinging doors at the front entrance, or they'll whack you in the face.

In my guest room itself, there weren't night-lights as I have typically seen them in other Hamptons. And I found the controls for the shower very difficult to operate. But in general, this hotel had the expected features and services, including typical Hampton cleanliness and modern fittings, and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again if I were coming back to Terre Haute.

Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank halifaxborn
connorysh, Manager at Hampton Inn Terre Haute, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
First we want to thank you for taking the time to share your experiences while staying at the Hampton Inn Terre Haute. It is only when guests share constructive feedback that we can improve and you certainly did that. We are addressing the night light's you pointed out.

Very happy you wouldn't hesitate to stay with us again. Hope it is very soon.

Thanks again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Northampton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

I stayed 5 days two weeks ago, staff was friendly and helpful whenever I talked to them, room was clean, I did not see one bug in my room the whole stay, no spiders. The breakfast was typical hotel fare, eggs, biscuits, cereal, waffles, bacon, sausage, home fried, hash browns, prepared a little differently each morning. I had no difficultly with parking, and it was close to everything I wanted to see and shop.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Kenneth N
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

Easy to find hotel off of I-70 in Terre Haute with tons of restaurants - mostly chain and fast-food, but still good - all right around the hotel. The hotel is bigger than you think and comes with very nice staff. Breakfast typical - nothing outstanding.
Rooms - huge, quiet, but not soundproof as evident by loud neighbors at one point.
Would definitely stay here again if back in town for work.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank xiphoid76
connorysh, Manager at Hampton Inn Terre Haute, responded to this review, March 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at Hampton Inn Terre Haute. So glad you'll come back and see us if your work takes you this way again. Try us out for a staycation and see all the leisure activities in the area.

Hope to see you soon.

Thanks
Nashport
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2012

We came for a Christmas visit. After arriving, we noticed my boys were catching a cold. My husband and sons had to stay at the hotel the 2 days we came to visit my sister. The staff was very helpful! They allowed us to have a later check-out, extra snacks for the boys, always bringing up fresh towels, and helped us to find an urgent care!
The breakfasts were very good (free after all) and the kind lady who takes care of the buffet is a keeper!
The beds are so relaxing!

Room Tip: Get the tourist brochure when you cross the state line, there is a $59 a night coupon!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Disneydoneyourway
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2012

First off I will start by saying I’m a huge fane and frequent visitor of the Hampton chain. I think Hampton did what they could to repurpose this hotel to their standards. The bed had fresh linens and it was nice and clean. However it was worn and like me…already shows her age a bit. The bathtub was starting to peel (I’ve included a photo) and the edges of the trim on doors and windows were painted over so many times it was beginning to crack. These are little things though and really didn’t take from the overall room. But it’s not a newer property and it shows. I was disappointed in the view from my bedroom window (photo). Who would want to stay in that for any period of time? The staff was nice enough and the breakfast was hearty. I don’t know if I’d stay there again on my next visit. I’d have to think about it.

Room Tip: Check the view becuase mine was not pleasant.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank NaomiBTravelin
Columbus, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2012

Stayed at this hotel with my daughter while attending the IHSAA State Championship game. The hotel was very clean and the front desk staff and housekeeping was very friendly and helpful. We were advised of the pool being closed and this was not a problem at all for us and didn't seem to be a problem with the other guests. If returning to the area I would most definitely stay at this hotel again. Thank you!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Diana P
connorysh, Manager at Hampton Inn Terre Haute, responded to this review, March 6, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hampton Inn Terre Haute, during your recent visit. We very much appreciate the feedback you provided to us as we pride ourselves in always trying to exceed our guest’s expectations.
Valparaiso, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2012

We were not happy with the fact that the pool was closed. No one had shared this info with us before we got there.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lwalkernutt
connorysh, Manager at Hampton Inn Terre Haute, responded to this review, February 21, 2012
We aplogize for the inconvenience you suffered. The pool closing was an emergency. We hope you return to us in the future.

Thank you.