“Grandkids to the museum”

Terre Haute Childrens Museum
Ranked #4 of 38 things to do in Terre Haute
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We took our grandchildren, ages 10, 6, 4 to the Terre Haute Childrens Museum while they were with us during their spring break. There were three floors of great things for them to do. Lots of hands on activities. Places for me to relax and watch them play. Not as large as Indy Childrens Museum, but much easier for me to keep track of where they were.

1  Thank Rita R

Reviewed March 6, 2014

I was excited when the museum first opened, but there are a few glaring problems.

One, the price for what you get doesn't even come close in comparison to that of the Indianapolis Children's Museum. Within 2-3 hours my kids, age 7 and 9, are done here.

Two, the lack of dedicated parking here is deplorable!! You have the option to park on the city street (which has a 2 hour limit) and often requires circling the block in vain, repeatedly, hoping to find an empty space. And please believe me when I tell you that the local parking police will, indeed, happily write you a ticket. The other option which the museum staff suggest after telling you to park on the street, is to head to the parking garage a couple blocks away, pay, (as the museum does not validate so that you can park for free) and then walk back.

Three, many times exhibits are broken or malfunctioning.

Dollar for dollar I'd recommend making a day of it at the huge, and always changing, museum in Indianapolis. My last trip here was as a chaperone for my daughter's field trip, as I will not pay to go here, even though I live in Terre Haute.

2  Thank Lynbar65
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Nice place to take the kids. 3 levels but there's only one staircase to each level so it's easy to keep track of runners.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

For a town the size of Terre Haute, this is a pretty good way to spend an afternoon with small children. As is the case with most children's museums, I wouldn't recommend for most kids over age 7 or 8.

2  Thank Amy B
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Great museum for kids. Not meant to compete with Indy Children's Museum because that would be impossible but what a lovely asset and learning tool for the kids of the region!