“Great property”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Terre Haute
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Terre Haute
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Wonderful one night stay. Nick at the front desk was very helpful. The shinning star seems to be the housekeeping staff. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. Our housekeeper was Connie who was so helpful with my late check out and she was assisted by Roxie, the head housekeeper. Thanks to all for a good night and we hope to see you again in about 3 months.

Room Tip: All appear good
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Millie M
Chelsea E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Terre Haute, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

My staff and I thank you for your wonderful review! It's great to see the staffed mentioned by name with such positive feedback. We look forward to your next stay.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express & Suites Terre Haute

Reviewed September 28, 2013

We always enjoy our stay with the Holiday Inn Express in Terre Haute. Clean rooms, friendly staff, and great location. My suggestion would be carpet in handicap room 224 has carpet separating from doorway by bathroom. The room is starting to look worn out. Breakfast biscuits were over cooked and hard. Did we say anything at check out - no. Because no one was at the desk and we needed to leave for a meeting.

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from highway and away from elevator seem more quite.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your suggestions and thoughts on the hotel. We will definitely consider everything you mentioned and greatly appreciate your thoughts.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

We accidentally booked Holiday Inn Express & Suites on Hotwire, and boy, are we glad we did!
We were efficiently checked in to this absolutely beautiful, vibrant, well-lit hotel, (and are currently there -- here? -- as I write this review!).

There was clearly a lot of attentiveness and consideration that went into making this Holiday Inn Express & Suites a place of beauty and comfort.The sheets and towels are so soft! The pillows are labeled firm vs soft. There's an iron and ironing board as well as a hair dryer in each room. Two mirrors, including a full-length one! in the bedroom. There's a light on the ceiling above the shower, which is, by the way, tiled and porcelain, not plastic! Great water pressure (very important)! Ample space in the bathroom. The beds are very comfortable (there are two of them), a flat-screened tv, and a table and two chairs in our room. Lots of space and comfort! Each room has its own thermostat.

The numbers on the outside of each room are also in braille! Each hallway is bright and well-lit with beautiful patterned carpet.

One wall in the business room is painted blue which lightens the whole feeling of the room, which is glass. The breakfast room, which includes a flat-screened tv (like in the rooms) offers a bounty of beautiful chairs and objects to look at -- each with vibrant color. A free breakfast, by the way, is included in your stay, and there's also outdoor seating for beautiful days.

Parking is easy in their ample lot. For city folks, know that it's free, and also that the hotel is in an excellent location. It's also pet-friendly, but very clean.

Honestly, I just came from a Sheraton, and I can honestly say that this hotel rivals what we experienced because it's comfort and beauty without the expense. Book on Hotwire, and you get an even better deal.

I haven't had this good an experience at a hotel in years, and I've stayed at a lot of hotels.

Room Tip: The first floor is quiet and probably a better bet for those with pets.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Heather S
Chelsea E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Terre Haute, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Thank you very much for all your positive comments about our hotel! We strive to be the best hotel in Terre Haute and love to hear when we have meet our guest's expectations. We hope next time you are in the area you will stay with us again.

Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Caution! Make sure you look up the address on a different map app. Map is wrong on Tripadvisor! Address is correct but sends you to wrong area on map. Hotel is by the airport and not in old town by all the cool restaurants. I hope Tripadvisor fixes this soon.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank JSFinDC
Chelsea E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Terre Haute, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

We appreciate your comments! We have a fairly new address so a lot of maps don't recognize the area. I will notify TripAdvisor of the mapping error. We look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

I'm driving from NJ to Las Vegas, this hotel is right off I70 and easy to find and practically brand new! The beds were very comfortable and clean! The staff was very nice and even dropped the rate to $99 for the night! Would defiantly recommend!

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you so much for all your positive feedback! We are looking forward to your next stay.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

We recently stayed one night at this hotel. Was perfect. We were very impressed with the cleanliness. Very new hotel. The staff were courteous and attentive. Good hot breakfast in the morning to see us off. Lots of places to eat close by. Able to get gas right across the street and was just off I-70.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank kibb39090
Chelsea E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Terre Haute, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It's great to see you enjoyed the hotel and surrounding area. We are very pleased to know you left a happy guest!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

This was our second stay at the HIE in Terre Haute. We were booked for a Fri-Sunday stay.
I have to say I received a luke warm greeting at the front desk. I was processed and just handed a key. Being a gold level priority member I thought this was odd and asked if my priority number was on the reservation. I received another luke warm response of "yes." We were given a room right by the elevator and vending machine area. That turned out to be a huge mistake. Noise, noise, noise. There were young girls running up and down the hallway screaming, giggling and slamming doors. Now this behavior is never acceptable in my book, but I tolerated it until it was bed time (11:00 pm). I stuck my head out the door and asked the girls to please quiet down. Noise, noise, noise. I called the front desk and received an apology......but that was it. More noise. A woman across the hall stuck her head out and really gave these teenage girls a piece of her mind.
I complained the next day at the front desk and was told there had been a birthday party going on on our floor in addition to some girls sports teams. I politely expressed my unhappiness and was told a manager would be notified.
Friday night was better, but here is the kicker. When I checked out on Sunday. The front desk clerk told me that her manager's response to my complaint was this, "we can't do anything about parents that won't control their kids.....but I will give a 15% refund on the Friday night room rate."
Excuse me !!! I have to suffer because of someone else's bad behavior?
With a management attitude like that I will have to think long and hard before I come back to this establishment. There are many alternative lodging choices I can consider one exit east.

Room Tip: call ahead and see if there are any birthday parties or sports teams booked during your stay. Appar...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank cookeldy
Chelsea E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Terre Haute, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I apologize for the problems you encountered during your stay. Our staff takes pride in providing excellent guest service and we would love to rectify the situation. If you are willing to provide more information regarding your stay, it would give us the opportunity to correct the problem. Please feel free to contact me directly at 812-234-3200.