Holiday Inn Express & Suites Terre Haute
$101
$105
$119
GardenInn.com
Pear Tree Inn Terre Haute(Terre Haute)
$90
$109
Hampton.com
$96
$94
Hotels.com
Drury Inn & Suites Terre Haute(Terre Haute)
$120
$119
Fairfield Inn
Red Carpet Inn(Terre Haute)
$52
All reviewspancake makerfront deskrose hulmanthe pool hot tubfast foodyogurtnewer hotelbreakfast barcross countryno exceptionnice breakfastlobby areaclean hotellate at nightcomfortable bedsvery pleasant stayfree breakfast
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Caution! Make sure you look up the address on a different map app. Map is wrong on Tripadvisor! Address is correct but sends you to wrong area on map. Hotel is by the airport and not in old town by all the cool restaurants. I hope Tripadvisor fixes this soon.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank JSFinDC
Chelsea E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Terre Haute, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

We appreciate your comments! We have a fairly new address so a lot of maps don't recognize the area. I will notify TripAdvisor of the mapping error. We look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

I'm driving from NJ to Las Vegas, this hotel is right off I70 and easy to find and practically brand new! The beds were very comfortable and clean! The staff was very nice and even dropped the rate to $99 for the night! Would defiantly recommend!

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you so much for all your positive feedback! We are looking forward to your next stay.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

We recently stayed one night at this hotel. Was perfect. We were very impressed with the cleanliness. Very new hotel. The staff were courteous and attentive. Good hot breakfast in the morning to see us off. Lots of places to eat close by. Able to get gas right across the street and was just off I-70.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank kibb39090
Chelsea E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Terre Haute, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It's great to see you enjoyed the hotel and surrounding area. We are very pleased to know you left a happy guest!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

This was our second stay at the HIE in Terre Haute. We were booked for a Fri-Sunday stay.
I have to say I received a luke warm greeting at the front desk. I was processed and just handed a key. Being a gold level priority member I thought this was odd and asked if my priority number was on the reservation. I received another luke warm response of "yes." We were given a room right by the elevator and vending machine area. That turned out to be a huge mistake. Noise, noise, noise. There were young girls running up and down the hallway screaming, giggling and slamming doors. Now this behavior is never acceptable in my book, but I tolerated it until it was bed time (11:00 pm). I stuck my head out the door and asked the girls to please quiet down. Noise, noise, noise. I called the front desk and received an apology......but that was it. More noise. A woman across the hall stuck her head out and really gave these teenage girls a piece of her mind.
I complained the next day at the front desk and was told there had been a birthday party going on on our floor in addition to some girls sports teams. I politely expressed my unhappiness and was told a manager would be notified.
Friday night was better, but here is the kicker. When I checked out on Sunday. The front desk clerk told me that her manager's response to my complaint was this, "we can't do anything about parents that won't control their kids.....but I will give a 15% refund on the Friday night room rate."
Excuse me !!! I have to suffer because of someone else's bad behavior?
With a management attitude like that I will have to think long and hard before I come back to this establishment. There are many alternative lodging choices I can consider one exit east.

Room Tip: call ahead and see if there are any birthday parties or sports teams booked during your stay. Apparently they get the run of the hotel while the rest of the patrons have to suffer.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank cookeldy
Chelsea E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Terre Haute, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I apologize for the problems you encountered during your stay. Our staff takes pride in providing excellent guest service and we would love to rectify the situation. If you are willing to provide more information regarding your stay, it would give us the opportunity to correct the problem. Please feel free to contact me directly at 812-234-3200.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I am in my room as I type this and I must say how great it is to be here. My happiness started when they accepted pets and only charged $25 as oppose to the higher prices other places charge. The room is gorgeous! The staff members are all friendly and professional. The location is perfect, right next to Walmart and other shopping stores. The two things I was not too happy about was the fact my room did not have a microwave and I had to pay for the washer and dryer. I am truly happy with this place and I am a member for life!!!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Iambarbaraj
Chelsea E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Terre Haute, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience about the Holiday Inn Express Terre Haute. We love being able to accomodate our guest's pets! It's an amzing perk of our property and there is plenty of room outside for them to walk. We hope next time you are in the area we can get you upgraded to a room with a kithchenette so you will be more comfortable during your stay.