“Recent stay”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Terre Haute
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Terre Haute
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We recently stayed one night at this hotel. Was perfect. We were very impressed with the cleanliness. Very new hotel. The staff were courteous and attentive. Good hot breakfast in the morning to see us off. Lots of places to eat close by. Able to get gas right across the street and was just off I-70.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank kibb39090
Chelsea E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Terre Haute, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It's great to see you enjoyed the hotel and surrounding area. We are very pleased to know you left a happy guest!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express & Suites Terre Haute

Reviewed July 28, 2013

This was our second stay at the HIE in Terre Haute. We were booked for a Fri-Sunday stay.
I have to say I received a luke warm greeting at the front desk. I was processed and just handed a key. Being a gold level priority member I thought this was odd and asked if my priority number was on the reservation. I received another luke warm response of "yes." We were given a room right by the elevator and vending machine area. That turned out to be a huge mistake. Noise, noise, noise. There were young girls running up and down the hallway screaming, giggling and slamming doors. Now this behavior is never acceptable in my book, but I tolerated it until it was bed time (11:00 pm). I stuck my head out the door and asked the girls to please quiet down. Noise, noise, noise. I called the front desk and received an apology......but that was it. More noise. A woman across the hall stuck her head out and really gave these teenage girls a piece of her mind.
I complained the next day at the front desk and was told there had been a birthday party going on on our floor in addition to some girls sports teams. I politely expressed my unhappiness and was told a manager would be notified.
Friday night was better, but here is the kicker. When I checked out on Sunday. The front desk clerk told me that her manager's response to my complaint was this, "we can't do anything about parents that won't control their kids.....but I will give a 15% refund on the Friday night room rate."
Excuse me !!! I have to suffer because of someone else's bad behavior?
With a management attitude like that I will have to think long and hard before I come back to this establishment. There are many alternative lodging choices I can consider one exit east.

Room Tip: call ahead and see if there are any birthday parties or sports teams booked during your stay. Appar...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank cookeldy
Chelsea E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Terre Haute, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I apologize for the problems you encountered during your stay. Our staff takes pride in providing excellent guest service and we would love to rectify the situation. If you are willing to provide more information regarding your stay, it would give us the opportunity to correct the problem. Please feel free to contact me directly at 812-234-3200.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I am in my room as I type this and I must say how great it is to be here. My happiness started when they accepted pets and only charged $25 as oppose to the higher prices other places charge. The room is gorgeous! The staff members are all friendly and professional. The location is perfect, right next to Walmart and other shopping stores. The two things I was not too happy about was the fact my room did not have a microwave and I had to pay for the washer and dryer. I am truly happy with this place and I am a member for life!!!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Iambarbaraj
Chelsea E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Terre Haute, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience about the Holiday Inn Express Terre Haute. We love being able to accomodate our guest's pets! It's an amzing perk of our property and there is plenty of room outside for them to walk. We hope next time you are in the area we can get you upgraded to a room with a kithchenette so you will be more comfortable during your stay.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Trip advisor map to the hotel was a bit off. As it was telling us the hotel was in old town Terre Haute and its actually in the new section, by the air port. Once we found the hotel and checked into this new build we were so happy to see a shopping plaza with a Chinese restaurant next door. Once we ate we went back to our room and I proceeded to inspect the room. I'm slightly OCD. Very clean (its brand new) room. Big (king size) bed that was very comfy. Bathroom was spacious. We went for a splash in the pool, its only 4'6" deep but cooled us down and allowed for some exercise. They have a hot tub which was in the same area and very well kept. The exercise room has what you need and very clean. Staff was friendly. Breakfast consisted of eggs, Bacon, biscuits and gravy, and the usually cereal and breads/muffins. We will return.

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for all the great comments about the hotel! We just had our 2 year anniversary and proud to say we still looking brand new. Our address is still not available in most GPS systems because we are a new road. So, hopefully those updates will be available soon. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed one night here and upon arriving at the Hotel it was very beautiful. The clerk at the front desk was polite and helpful. The room was large, clean, and decorated wonderfully with lots of color. Walking thru the halls and around the grounds was quite pleasing. Lots of colorful flowers, large out side patio, and clean!!! The bathroom was spotless and the choice of lotions and shampoo's were wonderful. It is about time hotels decorate with pleasing patterns and colors that make you feel right at home. They did have a nice breakfast which had many items to choose from. They area was kept clean and always full.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the beautiful decor and peaceful ambiance we have created for our guests. We recently updated our back patio with many flowers and glad you could enjoy them. Thank you for your nice comments about our hotel!

Reviewed July 2, 2013

This seems to be a pretty new motel. The rooms and lobby are very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was a particularly pleasant surprise. The breakfast here was probably the best "free" motel breakfast I've had. I also loved the express check-out. A couple of minor issues: 1) There was a nasty scum ring around the inside of the hot tub, which really needed to be cleaned; 2) The motel did not seem to be close to restaurants other than fast food. Overall, a great value. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Amy I, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Terre Haute, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about the Holiday Inn Express Terre Haute. We appreciate your comments and suggests about the property and surrounding area. We hope next time you visit the Terre Haute area you will stay with us again.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed two nights in this hotel, over Fathers Day Weekend. This is a fairly new hotel. Check in was a breeze. The room was ready and clean. Breakfast was HOT and plentiful, lots of choices. The dining area was spotless. Room had absolutely no whiff of smokers, or any other offensive odor. TV reception and wireless perfect! All staff that we encountered were very friendly. Elevator service to all floors. I highly recommend this hotel! We will return.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank PatB758

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Terre Haute. We truly appreciate all the positive feedback and comments. Thank you for taking the time to spread the word about your experience with us. We hope to see you again.