“Terrific Place to Stay except for......”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Terre Haute
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Terre Haute
Reviewed May 12, 2013

This is an excellent place to stay. We travel with 2 small dogs and are very thankful for pet friendly hotels. The location of the hotel is very good and there is lots of area around the hotel to walk the dogs. The staff were very friendly and professional. The suite was very nice with a small kitchen area, a very comfortable bed and a large bathroom. The TV and wifi were excellent. Breakfast included very tasty coffee and a good choice of hot and cold selections. We were in Terre Haute for graduation at St. Mary of the Woods College and were there from Friday till Monday. Everything was terrific except that on the Friday night there was no hot water to shower and on Saturday morning there was no water at all to shower. Not good when you are getting ready to attend a Baccalaureate Service at 10 am at the College. We were not given any warning that the water would be turned off and when we called the front desk we were told that the water was turned off to repair the hot water system. It is understandable that these things happen but it would have been nice to get a reduced rate or a free night to make up for the inconvenience. Other than this incident it was a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Ask for 1st floor if you have pets.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Amy I, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Terre Haute, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel!

It is true that we are a pet-friendly hotel - we welcome pets as guests, and hope to treat them with the same consideration as we would their families!

I understand that we had a hot water issue during your stay; I want to apologize tremendously for this bother. Unfortunately, this was a situation of Murphy's Law. Our staff did everything they could to get the hot water back up in a timely manner; however, sometimes these things are out of any control of the hotel. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with the exception of this snafu. We hope to welcome you again in the future!

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Newly built, beautiful hotel, and great staff. Felt welcomed the minute I walked through the door. My son attends Rose-Hulman and the staff went out of their way to be friendly plus inviting to parents. Room was quiet and clean. My husband and I will make this hotel our only stop in Terre Haute!

Room Tip: Rooms were great with noise control. Front faces parking lot and road, Back faces a field.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

We cannot thank you enough for your review! We really appreciate your kind words, and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay!

We are always happy to hear that one of our valued Rose Hulman families have decided to make us their preferred hotel when visiting!

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I booked a room for my parents and brother who were driving from Detroit to Houston. It was close to midnight, and they were driving into Terre Haute. I called the 1-800 number for Holiday Inn Express to make sure that they could check-in around midnight without any problems. I checked various online booking agents, but it was cheapest booking directly on their website. My parents are government employees so they enjoyed a 30% discount!

They absolutely loved the modern decor of the lobby and found their room to be clean and comfortable. They had absolutely no problems checking in so late at night. The next morning, they enjoyed a delicious breakfast that included eggs, pancakes, bacon, sausage, cereal, and cinnamon rolls!

I'm glad they didn't drive further into Effingham and instead stopped at Terre Haute. This hotel was right off the freeway and easy to find (which was one of the reasons why I chose it). Would recommend this hotel to others who are driving through. There is a 24-hr McDonald's next door which my brother appreciated!

Room Tip: If you are in the military or a government employee, remember to get your government discount!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel!

I am thrilled that your parents and brother enjoyed their stay with us! Being directly off the interstate, we do welcome our fair share of weary, off-road travelers. Our team takes pride in providing a warm, comfortable, affordable experience to every guest, whether they be on a business trip, or traveling across country.

I am very happy to read your comments and cannot wait to share them with our team!

Thank you!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

My wife and I traveled to Terre Haute for a Rose Hulman Institute of Technology event (Daughter is a student there) last weekend. Every aspect of the experience was top notch from calling the front desk making our reservations a couple days in advance till we laid our keys on the counter when we left.

The room was clean, spacious and quiet. We even had a couple of college baseball teams staying which we were concerned about but never heard a thing the entire time we were there. The breakfast is very nice, and the woman keeping tabs on it does a wonderful job of keeping everything filled and available even with the large crowd that was enjoying breakfast at the same time we were there.

The best part of the Terre Haute Holiday Inn Express of course is the convienent location. We have been coming to Rose Hulman for events for four years now and there is no other hotel that is more convienent.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us! We adore our Rose Hulman families and we are very pleased that your stay exceeded your expectations! Our breakfast staff takes pride in providing an exceptional experience for the guests in the morning and I am very happy to share your comments with them! I hope that we may welcome you again in the future!

Thank you for your review!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Extremely clean and very friendly staff! We were just staying one night passing through on our way to Cincinnati but I will say that if I ever need to stay in Terre Haute IN again this is the hotel I will be saying at. You can tell the hotel is not very old and for a 3 star hotel it had great welcome area and lobby and nice amenities. Very modern and well kept. I have been travelling on business for 11 years and this is one of the cleanest hotels I have every stayed at. Very comfortable beds and had 4 pillows for each bed. Hopefully as it ages they will keep things up.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Amy I, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Terre Haute, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

I cannot tell you how much we appreciate your kind words regarding your recent stay with us! I am overjoyed to be able to share your comments with our staff! Our cleanliness is of the utmost importance to us. We have an extremely hardworking housekeeping team, I am very happy that their efforts were noticed.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I hope you keep us in mind for your future travel arrangements!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We spent a single night here while in Terre Haute visiting Rose-Hulman Insititue of Technology. We wishe we were staying longer, because this property was beautiful. The decor is modern and colorful and everything was spotless in and outside of our room. The breakfast area was the nicest we have seen at this class of hotel The breakfast was delicious and we loved the variety of offerings. (The push button pancake maker/dispenser was neat.) Cinnamon rolls were OHH SOOO GOOOOD!

The gentleman at the front desk was very helpful in suggesting someplace to eat and letting us know of special rates that were available when visiting colleges and universities (We would have saved over 20 dollars for the night had we not prepaid throuhg a travel site).

My wife and daughter enjoyed using the fitness room.

Room Tip: 4th floor for most quiet Make sure to mention if you are visiting a local university for a better r...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay! Our staff takes pride in providing exceptional customer service to everyone who comes through our doors and I am so happy we exceeded your expectations!

I agree with you on our cinnamon rolls - they are irresistable and fill the lobby with that sweet bakery smell!

We hope to welcome you again in the near future!

Reviewed March 12, 2013

I adore this hotel!! Kevin (Congrats on your promotion)!!, has been unbelievably awesome from August 2012, till I left on this past Sunday. The staff here is sooo courteous, and always remember me. I will continue to stay here next time I visit Indiana. I never have any complaints, and the quality of the whole hotel is just great. The staff always are very professional, and just down right good people. If anyone is looking for a great place for families, I highly recommend staying here. I have seen meetings, birthday parties, and I know that there was a wedding here around Thanksgiving. They are just all around really nice people. This is truly a gem, if you are coming from out of state. Very highly recommended!

Room Tip: During August, when there is a truck pull going on, choose the 4th floor, tho I never had any proble...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your recent stay with us! We are overjoyed that you enjoyed your stay but we are even more excited that we have become your sought after hotel while staying in the area!

I will be sure to share your comments with our staff (expecially Kevin)!

We hope to welcome you back very soon!