“Great service and staff!”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Terre Haute
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Terre Haute
Reviewed January 1, 2013

My brothers, their sons, our parents and my son got together for the holidays and stayed at your hotel. I was very impressed with the quality of everything. The staff was so kind and helpfull, from the front desk to the cleaning crew. The decor is very clean and modern. I will highly recommend your hotel to anyone asking. Great job all!

Room Tip: I was very pleased with all the rooms are family had.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Amy I, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Terre Haute, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Thank you for taking time to share your comments about your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. Our staff takes great pride in providing outstanding customer service and helping to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. We are overjoyed that your family enjoyed their time here! Sounds like you had a blast!! I cannot wait to share your review with our team!

Once again, thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Terre Haute; we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

What a great experience to see employees smile at you and offer a friendly "hello how is your stay going?". Everyday we witnessed every area of the hotel being cleaned, right down to the elevator walls and doors. Very nice common area with fireplace. We were able to enjoy visiting with friends while playing board games and eating pizza. A blizzard happened to come in so we really couldn't do much outside the hotel. The rooms are clean and the breakfast was good. We are definitely staying here again! Restaurants are close by as we'll as a Walmart. We checked in on Christmas Day and I want to thank all of the employees for making our stay enjoyable.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

I cannot thank you enough for your kind words regarding your recent stay with us! I am overjoyed when I receive review such as yours to share with my team. They strive everyday to provide exceptional customer service to all guests who enter our hotel; I am very happy that their hard work isn't going unnoticed.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the future!

Reviewed December 4, 2012

This is a newer HIEX, so rooms were clean. Lobby barely existed. Close location to several fast food restaurants. Address/hotel does not show up on GPS, Slow WiFi. Wish the HIEX had different pillows.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and its operations. I am very happy happy that you enjoyed your stay! It is true - with us being on a newly-built road, our address isn't always recognized by some navigation systems. We are working diligently to ensure the newly updated navigation software identifies our location.

I am very sorry that our WiFi fell below expectations. This issue hasn't been a recurring one so I am curious as to what area of the hotel you were attempting access? It is possible we had a router down.

If you have a free moment - please contact me at (812)234-3200. I would like to discuss this further as to remedy the issue.

Thank you again for all of your comments!

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Our team stayed at the Holiday Inn Express - Terre Haute - as we were in town for a youth cross country event. The hotel was very accommodating and understanding of our needs. The breakfast staff was well maintained, even with our 100+ guests. Very clean grounds, lobby, common areas, and rooms.

Very kid-friendly, with a small pool and hot tub.

Easy freeway access, next to gas station, McDonalds, Burger King, and WalMart.

Highly recommended if you need a place to stay in Terre Haute.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your recent stay with us! We are overjoyed that you enjoyed your time here! We are very proud to be a preferred hotel to the visiting cross country teams! Having a state-of-the art course right in our backyard gives us ample opportunity to serve valued guests like yourself! We hope that you keep us in mind when traveling in the future!

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Clean and modern interior and comfortable beds. Location was great. Directly across the street are a 24 hour McDonalds, Burger King and a gas station. I didn't opt for the breakfast since the hotel was sold out on the day I stayed and it was too crowded. My only issue was the address/hotel didn't show up on my GPS. But it was easy to find anyways.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Amy I, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Terre Haute, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Thank you very much for your recent review of our hotel! We are very happy that you had a comfortable stay with us! I understand that our location has yet to be recognized by some GPS units - we are on a relatively new road - I hope that this issue is mended very soon. We appreciate all of your kind words and hope that we may welcome you again in the future!

Reviewed November 9, 2012

We stayed just one night but our experience was a good one and I will stay there again another time. The location is good easy to get around town and do the errands I need to do. Breakfast was good nothing extra special but what do you expect with a buffet? It still was good. I would definitely recommend this hotel and stay again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

We are overjoyed to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Sharing reviews such as yours with our staff is always a delight! Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel!

We look forward to welcoming you again in the future!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for Parent's Weekend at Rose Hulman. We are so thrilled to have a hotel closer to the campus. The lobby is beautiful and the breakfast is good! There were only a couple of things that made me give it a 4 instead of a 5. First, the Holiday Inn website calls the larger room a " two bedroom suite. "They are not two bedroom suites. It is ONE room with a 6 inch or so "divider" between the sofa bed and the other two beds. The room was very large and nice, but there were not two rooms like there are at some suite hotel chains. When I asked at the front desk they said the website reads like that because at some Holiday Inns there acutally are two rooms. If you don't mind the one large room, don't hesitate to book it!
The only other problem we had was there were two young adults in the computer room all night (there when we went to our room at midnight and there at 6am so I am assuming it was all night) . I went in to read my email at night and felt a little uncomfortable . I asked them if they were staying at the hotel and they said no, but the manager lets non-guests use the computer room. The next morning I did see them leave and thank the people at the front desk for letting them stay there. I have mixed feelings--I think it is important to be charitable, but that may not be the best way! other than that it was a great hotel!

Room Tip: Try not to get a room near the elevator facing the street, as there is no view due the windows being...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

We appreciate all of your kind words regarding your recent stay with us! We are very happy to be a partner with Rose Hulman and their visitors!

I am very sorry that there was a confusion about our suites - I will be sure to double check our verbiage on our website to ensure it is not misleading.

We are happy to offer our business center to an occasional weary off-highway traveler if needed, but I assure you our management team has given no such permission to non-guests to utilize our facilities. I apologize tremendously about this bother. I have notified my team about the issue and they are to be on the look out for abuse by non-guests.

I am happy that the small issues didn't keep you from enjoying your stay! It is our goal to exceed the expectations of all guests who walk through our doors.

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay!