“Youth Cross Country Visit”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Terre Haute
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Terre Haute
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Our team stayed at the Holiday Inn Express - Terre Haute - as we were in town for a youth cross country event. The hotel was very accommodating and understanding of our needs. The breakfast staff was well maintained, even with our 100+ guests. Very clean grounds, lobby, common areas, and rooms.

Very kid-friendly, with a small pool and hot tub.

Easy freeway access, next to gas station, McDonalds, Burger King, and WalMart.

Highly recommended if you need a place to stay in Terre Haute.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Amy I, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Terre Haute, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your recent stay with us! We are overjoyed that you enjoyed your time here! We are very proud to be a preferred hotel to the visiting cross country teams! Having a state-of-the art course right in our backyard gives us ample opportunity to serve valued guests like yourself! We hope that you keep us in mind when traveling in the future!

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Clean and modern interior and comfortable beds. Location was great. Directly across the street are a 24 hour McDonalds, Burger King and a gas station. I didn't opt for the breakfast since the hotel was sold out on the day I stayed and it was too crowded. My only issue was the address/hotel didn't show up on my GPS. But it was easy to find anyways.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Amy I, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Terre Haute, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Thank you very much for your recent review of our hotel! We are very happy that you had a comfortable stay with us! I understand that our location has yet to be recognized by some GPS units - we are on a relatively new road - I hope that this issue is mended very soon. We appreciate all of your kind words and hope that we may welcome you again in the future!

Reviewed November 9, 2012

We stayed just one night but our experience was a good one and I will stay there again another time. The location is good easy to get around town and do the errands I need to do. Breakfast was good nothing extra special but what do you expect with a buffet? It still was good. I would definitely recommend this hotel and stay again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

We are overjoyed to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Sharing reviews such as yours with our staff is always a delight! Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel!

We look forward to welcoming you again in the future!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for Parent's Weekend at Rose Hulman. We are so thrilled to have a hotel closer to the campus. The lobby is beautiful and the breakfast is good! There were only a couple of things that made me give it a 4 instead of a 5. First, the Holiday Inn website calls the larger room a " two bedroom suite. "They are not two bedroom suites. It is ONE room with a 6 inch or so "divider" between the sofa bed and the other two beds. The room was very large and nice, but there were not two rooms like there are at some suite hotel chains. When I asked at the front desk they said the website reads like that because at some Holiday Inns there acutally are two rooms. If you don't mind the one large room, don't hesitate to book it!
The only other problem we had was there were two young adults in the computer room all night (there when we went to our room at midnight and there at 6am so I am assuming it was all night) . I went in to read my email at night and felt a little uncomfortable . I asked them if they were staying at the hotel and they said no, but the manager lets non-guests use the computer room. The next morning I did see them leave and thank the people at the front desk for letting them stay there. I have mixed feelings--I think it is important to be charitable, but that may not be the best way! other than that it was a great hotel!

Room Tip: Try not to get a room near the elevator facing the street, as there is no view due the windows being...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

We appreciate all of your kind words regarding your recent stay with us! We are very happy to be a partner with Rose Hulman and their visitors!

I am very sorry that there was a confusion about our suites - I will be sure to double check our verbiage on our website to ensure it is not misleading.

We are happy to offer our business center to an occasional weary off-highway traveler if needed, but I assure you our management team has given no such permission to non-guests to utilize our facilities. I apologize tremendously about this bother. I have notified my team about the issue and they are to be on the look out for abuse by non-guests.

I am happy that the small issues didn't keep you from enjoying your stay! It is our goal to exceed the expectations of all guests who walk through our doors.

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We've now stayed at this hotel 3-4 times since my first review May 6, 2011. It still meets all of our needs and is our preferred place to stay when visiting Terre Haute. I believe the hotel is now about 2 years old and is starting to show a few dings. During this last visit, I noticed that the carpet in our room was in need of vacuuming along the edges using the vacuum's crevice tool. Also, I could see that the top of the bedskirt on the headboard side of the bed was really dusty (with skin flakes and hair). Lastly, the finish on the furniture is showing wear -- nothing that a little Old English couldn't fix. These were all minor issues, but they added up to the room not being quite as fresh as it could be.

Still love the breakfast selections, the fitness facility, the location, the price, and the overall service at this hotel!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! I have shared your concerns with our housekeeping staff and we will be sure to be mindful of the bedskirt and carpet. We have noticed the small dings on our furniture as well and have sought out a company to take care of the touch ups.

We appreciate all feedback, both positive and constructive and hope that we may exceed your expectations in the future!

Thank you!

Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

We had a death in the family & due to a lot of out of town relatives we were not staying with family as usual. we were able to book a room with points the day before we arrived. Very beautiful facility close to the highway for easy access & shopping for last minute things right in the same block. Would definitely stay again if needed!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Karensue1019
Amy I, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Terre Haute, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

First let me say, our deepest condolences go out to you and your family during this time of loss. One of the extraordinary facets of our industry is being able to host individuals from all walks of life that are visiting our area for many different reasons. I am very sorry that your stay with us wasn’t under more positive conditions, but I am very grateful that we met and exceeded your expectations during your time with us. I am happy to share your comments with our team and I appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel.
I sincerely hope you may visit us again in the future.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel more than once on our travels through Indiana. The hotel is new - clean, and fresh. The location is amazing - just off I - 70, literally - less than a minute from the interstate, easy on, easy off. Has everything we need, breakfast, small pool, and exercise machines for working out after sitting in the car for 10+ hours. Everytime we pass through here, we stay here.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Karen B

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel! We are very happy that you continued to enjoy your time with us on more than one occasion! I am glad that you had the chance to take advantage of our fitness room! We understand that personal health is very important to our guests; therefore I am very happy you enjoyed the facilities!

We hope that we may welcome you again in the future!

Many thanks!