“Might Stay Here Again”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Terre Haute
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Terre Haute
Reviewed September 10, 2012

The downstairs is well decorated. The motel is a year old and looks brand new. Wife and I had 2 double beds and had to put one of our two suitecases in a chair. They need a fold down for luggage. The TV signal had interference dashed lines noticeablely. They failed to clean up one day and we had to call for service. It was late afternoon and we needed to rest before dinner.
The breakfast was plentyful and the 4 types of muffins were wonderful. The eating area was nice, clean, and well maintained. The desk clerks were very nice but the manager was definitely not.
The clothes hangers were cheap and FELL APART. When the second one broke and stuck my finger I went to the desk and the manager was not the least bit concerned with my finger or the poorly constructed hangers. She said she could fill out a report but then quickly gave up and said she could not find the form. The clerk the next morning pulled out the form promptly and completed it quickly.

Reading other reviews now, plus our experience indicates that they need a new manager.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Amy I, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Terre Haute, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. I see that in some aspects of your stay we exceeded your expectations, and some areas we fell below. I want to express sincere regret for any and all bothers you ran into during your time with us. I am not sure which manager you had an interaction with, but I apologize tremendously if the person reacted to your issue disfavorably. Hotel team members are merely humans, and as much as we try, sometimes personal trials get in the way of our level of service. I assure you that we have contacted our vendor that provides our hangers and will be replacing the faulty ones accordingly. I take all reviews, good and bad very personally and I would like you to contact me to discuss the details of your stay. You may reach me at my direct line 812-645-3175.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

nice clean place..great interior design and color . problem is we checked in for a quiet evening out what we got was friendly staff. but rude as in they didn't get it when you slam doors while cleaning it is very loud this went on for hours and then started again the next morning. we wanted to sleep in but no way not here... also when they asked to clean the room i said hell i was trying to sleep.and ill be dammed a few minutes later as i was standing by the door to take a shower they knocked again and then tried to walk in. WTH..

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. Feedback such as yours is imperative in our daily operations. I want to apologize for the problems you ran into during your stay. I shared your concerns with our housekeeping staff and made them aware that we need to be more mindful of guests sleeping in on weekends. If you would like to contact me further regarding your experience, please call my direct line at 812-645-3175. I want every guest that leaves our hotel to hold us in high regard, please contact me so I may make it right.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

We came from Brooklyn, NY, and I originally booked my stay in May, due to my son going to Rose-Hulman. I actually wound up a day earlier in Indiana, and the staff, especially Kevin, at the front desk, made my whole entire 6 day possible. We were treated like royalty, and, coming from NY, this has been an incredible experience. The whole staff has been absolutely incredible to my family, and anything more than I ever imagined. The room was immaculate, and I have not had anything bad to say. My friend was in the room next to us, and her room was the same. This is a fantastic hotel..

Room Tip: I have no recommendations..was on fourth floor, and absolutely fantastic
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 123DolphinsNY

I cannot thank you enough for your kind words regarding your stay with us! Every associate at the Holiday Inn Express values the guests' experiences, and I am delighted to share your positive feedback with them!

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Mildew=respiratory problems. Don't be fooled by the decor. Walked into the room, eyes started to burn my 6 mth baby started sneezing, my 3 year old wouldn't even walk into the to room, and my husbands throat getting scratchy all within 5 minutes of entering the room. The front desk wouldn't give us another room. We ended up having to pack everyone and everything back into the car. Thanks holiday inn, you suck

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Chocomom
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Terre Haute, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Dear Chocomom,

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Janice A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Not much going on in Terre Haute but if you're traveling and in need of a place to crash, this is it. Very clean, modern rooms. Comfortable beds, nice linens. Breakfast was ok, nothing gourmet but it did the job.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank jenny_the_traveler

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! We take pride in providing a great experience to all guests who walk through our doors. We hope you keep us in mind for your future travel arragements!

Reviewed August 7, 2012

New facility with fun, contemporary decor. Staff was very friendly. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. An excellent rate through Hotwire. Rate included a nice hot breakfast. What more could you ask of a hotel?

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Iareapilot

We greatly appreciate your comments regarding our hotel! We are overjoyed that you had a pleasant stay with us!

We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

Let me first say that the property is new and beautiful. We were using Reward Points and there were only two rooms available. One on the top (4th) floor facing the highway and the truck stop or one on the 3rd floor facing the back. We always want the top floor but this time decided to take the third due to the traffic and truck noise on the front. Actually staying at all was our mistake. Just as we were going to bed around 10pm, the elephants started to run around above us. They finally laid down around 11pm. At 1am, we were awaken by a dog howling. Yes. A new hotel and they allow dogs. Not just in designated rooms, but in any and all rooms. We called the front desk and she said she had received several complaints and would take care of it. By this time we were wide awake, and never went back to sleep and had to finish our drive home the next day. Needless to say, that will be the last time in that place!!! I have nothing against dogs and their owners, they just do not belong in a motel.

Room Tip: Go to a different place to stay.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bobkat45
Amy I, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Terre Haute, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay. I sincerely regret any bother that you ran into during your time with us. As you mentioned in your review, we are highway adjacent and every once in a while the truck noise can be heard, depending on the area of the hotel you are staying. I apologize tremendously for this being an inconvenience. I assume that your stay was on a weekend (herd of elephants above you) and we do welcome a large number of families and children during summer travel. My staff works hard to keep other guests from causing disturbances and I am very sorry that there was an excess the night of your stay. We are, as you say a pet-friendly hotel. We are very proud to open our doors to pets, as we feel they are an extension of our families. We do require a consent form from every pet owner agreeing to respect the comfort of other guests. After every “pet room” is checked out, the room is deep cleaned to restore its hypoallergenic status. I want to extend my deepest apologies for us not meeting your expectations. I would like to make it right, so please call me at your earliest convenience to discuss further details at (812)234-3200

Feedback such as yours is imperative in our everyday operations; we appreciate you taking the time and hope to speak with you soon.