“We love going to Rick's !”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Rick's Smokehouse

Rick's Smokehouse
Ranked #19 of 223 Restaurants in Terre Haute
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
IL.
“We love going to Rick's !”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

My wife and I live about 35 miles from Rick's, but we often make the drive there to have some of their great food ! Always love getting out of our car and smelling that smoky smell of food being smoked ! Great atmosphere here too. Pretty cool the way it's decorated. Anything from deer heads to old signs to old local items.All they need is a boars head on the wall...LOL... I got one from a hunting trip, maybe i'll ask Rick if he wants it ! The staff is always friendly ! Rick and his wife are always friendly and stop by the table to ask how things was. Food is excellent. I LOVE them ribs ! I keep thinking i'll try something different next time I go, but them dang ribs are sooo good ! The sides are great too. Just can't think of any negative experience we've had there and we've ate there several times. My mouth is watering right now and i'm ready to go back ! The survey asked when we visited. They need an option for many, many times ! LOL

• Visited July 2013

Cleveland, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, well priced”
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

I was in town on business and found this place using my FoodSpotting app. I had the ribs and my co-worker enjoyed a sampler platter. Both of us enjoyed our meals. The ribs were tender and fell off the bone. The cashier at the ordering counter recommended the Mac and cheese side dish, which was quite good. I also had a corn bread type side, it was also very good. Pricing was what we expected. We dined on a weeknight, so the restaurant wasn't very full but several members of the ISU football team were in attendance so that told us the food would be plentiful and tasty. I would certainly recommend this spot.

Visited June 2013
Fort Myers, Florida
“Excellent bbq and service”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The favorable reviews on this establishment were spot on. There's nothing formal about this joint. Just good food and super great service which makes for a great, affordable spot for a family event or social gathering. Super friendly owner and staff who make a serious effort. We went twice in our visit to Terre Haute because it was so welcoming and family friendly.

• Visited May 2013
USA
“Excellent BBQ - Excellent Service - Very Friendly Owner!”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

14 of us stopped by Rick's on our way through Terre Haute on a cross-country trip. We were VERY pleased with the quality of the food, the service, and the atmosphere. Between the 14 of us, we probably tried the majority of the meats/combos on the menu. EVERYTHING was top notch...the flavor, the temperature, the quality....all of it was really good. From a technical BBQ standpoint, the BBQ was excellent. Nice smoke ring, beautiful bark, cooked through without being overdone.

I like that they don't slather the meat in BBQ sauce. They smoke it with a nice rub, and then they serve all the sauces on the side. We tried all 3 sauces and all were excellent. The owner personally oversees everything, and he knows his BBQ. He is also very friendly, humble, and service-oriented. We were very very blessed.

If you are ever in the Terre Hautee area, or even if you are just in the vicinity, make sure to stop in. My favorites were the ribs, the beef brisket, the pulled pork, and the smoked turkey. DELICIOUS!!

• Visited May 2013
Terre Haute, Indiana
“Top notch BBQ”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

This is reminiscent of a local Smokey Bones where you can get everything from ribs to chicken to pulled pork or pork chops. The sides are amazing (although a touch small) and definitely are headlined by sweet potato fries. They have sweet, mild, and spicy BBQ right on the tables.

Visited April 2013